Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Should I trade my Raging Bull for PT1911?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

Should I trade my Raging Bull for PT1911?

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  drummin_man627 
#1 ·
I have a stainless 6.5in Raging Bull in .44mag and while I'm a semiauto guy I just had to have one ever since I've seen a picture of it in a magazine :) it was also the only gun I ever bought sight unseen (only saw it in pictures).

I love the looks of it; and it's the most accurate handgun I own, but I have to admit it's a little big for my hand and weighs a ton. I'd love to have the 4in Titanium UIltra Light but it's illigal here due to barrel length :'()

I've been waiting for a stainless PT1911 for a year now! And still want to get one when it comes out, but will probbaly have to sell/trade a gun to get it....

So do you guys think I should keep the R Bull or trade it for PT1911 when the stainless model comes out?

#2 ·
I'd keep the bull and get some 44 Spl to shoot thru it. Of course you MUST have some 44MAG ammo just in case you have a NEED for this fine tool to do the work it was intended for.

You "have" a Dirty Harry type gun in your collection. I'd keep it.

45acp is VERY addictive and my shooting budget has gone up since I got my PT1911. (budget? yea right) ;D

#3 ·
How do you like this stuff? Should this get put in the Revolvers....... Or should this get moved to the 1911 board. Decisions, decisions..... hmmmmmm. It stays here. :)

Depends on how much ,or what chance in the future, the need for that revolver to stay is.

Lots of good reasons to keep that cannon. Revolvers have some advantages over pistols.Yes, it can go the other way too. :)

You named one right off. That puppy is accurate.
Then there is less complexity in manual of arms. Pick it up, check it over without a press check, open the cylinder to make sure she's loaded, and go.

With .44 Specials,even at sedate speeds, you have an already bigger bullet than a .38 or 9mm. If the JHP nose gets plugged up, you have a .44 ball round versus a smaller caliber ball round under the same circumstances.

For defense, hunting, or just having a conversation piece, a .44 magnum has a lot going for it.

The power of the gun is comforting to have. Have to stop big four and two legged beasties? There are 180gr. through 240gr., and on up to the 300 gr.loads by Garrett and Buffalo Bore for tough animals when deep, deep penetration is needed.

The gun has porting on the barrel. Makes indoor ranges more interesting with muzzle blast, but outdoors, if the power is needed, your shot to shot recovery time is going to be quicker when needed.

So why not keep the .44 magnum and get a PT1911. The 1911 may get more use, but the .44 magnum fills a large niche for which few other cartridges can surpass it. .44 Specials are nothing to sneeze at either. Had the 441 in blue. Sold it for another Taurus and am still doing this :bang: :bang: because I did get rid of it.

#4 ·
I wasn't sure where to post this; figured if I'll use PT1911 or Revolver boards the replies might be a little biased ;)

Talking about a conversation piece it does get attention at the range; even a stripper was impressed... ;D

I don’t want to sell it and who knows if Taurus takes long enough release the stainless 1911 maybe I’ll be able to afford the gun by than LOL... :p

But keep the replies coming

#5 ·
My mind reels with sarcastic and caustic replies on the stripper thing. :) :D ;D :eek: ::) :p :-X :-* ;D ;D Bada boom bada bing. ::) :eek: ;D

To keep the thread going indefinitely we could transfer this to the Complaints section. Some of those are putting in for Social Security, have walkers to get around, and 1 foot in the grave. :D ;) :) ;D

And you did complain about how slow the 1911 SS models,if ever, are making their way to the gun store showrooms. :)

So a precedent is being set here. :D ;) ;D

Since so far it's a 100% keep the revolver, the dark side guys should be showing up any time. I here heavy breathing approaching. It's either Darth Vader or..........not going there.LOL

Seriously, there hasn't been a "sell that sucker" comment yet. The guys around the Internet who say they can't find a .44 maggie Tracker though should be showing up and trying to swindle.... I mean.... take it off your hands. :)

There have been a few "where can we find one" posts at some of the other gun forums. Claim that the distributors can't find them either. How true that is may be open to question. Then again, there may be something to it. Wouldn't be the first time distribution pipelines get a dry spell.

#7 ·
Keep the Bull and find alternative funding for the 1911. You'll never regret keeping a gun.

#10 ·
Gray_Wolf, You're outnumbered, or....er....uh......... at least the poll is all in favor of keeping one and saving for the other. :D Or having both.

The .44 magnum can shoot the Specials. This makes it versatile and can be used for serious hunting or for defense. These can be handloaded to suit the owner and be more so for the indiviual than can the .45ACP, as good a cartridge as it is.

Deer,bear, and other game can be hunted with the .45ACP in a pinch, but the Bull does things much better. Laws may say only certain calbers or power factors are allowed to hunt with.

#12 ·
Now you gone and done it. :) Report Monday morning to the dungeon and we'll we what we can whip up. :D ;)

Problem is, Flyer has the only key to the virtual dungeon, and can't find it right now.

And the Nerf thumbscrews,bats, and cat-o-nine tails soft noodle whips are locked in the dungeon janitors closet. Darn!

Oh well. It was going to be such a pleasant Monday too. :) ;) :D ;D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.