Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Llama 1911 .45ACP that has shoot alot better than I have expected. I haven't had too many problems with it besides some hollow points failing to feed even with better aftermarket magazines. Recenty I have been offered a Gen 3 Glock 22 chambered in .40S&W that has a little bit of holster wear. I am aware that Glock's are one of the more reliable guns out there. I am just wondering what the guys over here at Taurus would recommend me doing, should I hang onto my Llama or trade it for the Glock?

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state.

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

Even though I prefer the .45 ACP over the .40 S&W, I'd make the trade, you're getting the better part of the bargain.

It'll never wear out and have better resale/trade value.
:thumb:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Unfortunately MOONDAWG is right. A Glock is going to give you more options than a Llama. As much as I am NOT a Glock guy, I would do it too.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Llama=pretty, Glock=pretty ugly, but the ability to keep the Glock running over time might outweigh the aesthetics.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
To some of us the 1911 is the Holy Grail....

1GI .jpg

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Administrator
18,179 Posts
Make the trade! The Glock will last you much longer and there are a lot of aftermarket goodies to play with, for it.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I am going to try to make the trade. I am sure I will end up purchasing a higher-end 1911 some other time. I am hoping I can still follow through with the trade but the other person lives close to 3 hours away.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
As much as i dislike Glocks, he glock will last longer and if you ever decide you want something different, Glocks are some of the most sought after guns and will be worth more in a trade or a straight up sale.

But if you really like the Llama keep it.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I make trades based on dollar value alone in most cases. If I can trade up to a more valuable item I'll do it. Sometimes however emotion gets the best of me and I may take a beating but usually I keep the dollar value in mind. If/when times get tuff liquidation of assets is my guiding motivation.

The Glock will always be more valuable than the Llama.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I would make the trade. If you find you don't like the Glock then you will have a more valuable gun to trade for a higher end 1911. I have several 1911's and I also have a Glock 23. The only thing I don't like about the Glock is it is a 40 cal. I have the 9mm conversion for it but have never used it. I keep it because it gives more options should 45 acp ammo become scarce.

Reactions: ncfarmer

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Llamas can be a problem getting some parts. I'd do that trade, and I don't care fro Glocks much, and I've had 2 Llamas.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Have you had a chance to handle/inspect the Glock? The offer just leaves me asking why would he want to do this deal? Not knocking your Llama but we both know that value wise, the Glock has the advantage IF there's nothing seriously wrong with it. Again, not being picking on your 1911 but just playing devils advocate. Maybe he just really wants a .45, do you really want the .40? That's what I'd be asking myself.

·
Administrator
18,179 Posts
The guy backed out at last second, but you all should be happy to know that I just recieved an offer on it for a Taurus Model 65 .357.
Sweet! :cool: Let us know how that works out for you!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
The guy backed out at last second, but you all should be happy to know that I just recieved an offer on it for a Taurus Model 65 .357.

As we say down here in Mississippi: "Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about!" :D

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
While I may be "The small voice crying from the Wilderness" My vote would be to keep the LLAMA. I have a LLAMA 45 double-stack and love the gun. I have owned Glocks and Sigs and others...and none of them provide the feeling of satisfaction I have enjoyed with the Steel 1911's, Colt, Dan wesson, Springfield, Para-Ordnance, Taurus, Smith, Charles Daly, even the low-end Turkish imports have more "class" than the Glock

OK I caught up with your results. I would buy the wheelgun, but would not trade the LLAMA for it. if you do trade, hold out for at least a couple of hundred cash with his gun for yours. I would not do this one either.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Llama 1911 vs Taurus Wheelgun. Ehh. They look to be worth about the same, if the Llama is in good condition. But there is no way I would trade the Llama for the Taurus.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts