Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
23,058 Posts
Do you need a medium capacity, reliable, accurate pistol that's easy to conceal? Then it's a good choice.

If you're looking for a BB gun or an investment in the sense that it will gain value, probably not.

But yes, they are excellent guns for their intended purpose!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you need a medium capacity, reliable, accurate pistol that's easy to conceal? Then it's a good choice.

If you're looking for a BB gun or an investment in the sense that it will gain value, probably not.

But yes, they are excellent guns for their intended purpose!
Excellent answer. I current have a single stack 9, and a fullsize 9mm. But nothing in between. I have a compact 40S&W, but it's a little bulky to concealment.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
I concur with above statements. If you buy it as an inexpensive gun, it shouldn't let you down and surprise you how well it works for the price. If you feel like it's similar to HiPoint where you pay $100 and can just pawn/sell it for the same $100 that's not the case especially on a G2C/S.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Been wanting to add one to the collection. Would it be worth the investment? Local shop has them for about $220.

Heard mostly good things about them.

Would love to hear your feed back.

If you're looking for an investment.... No. It will likely lose value as it is used. A good investment as a defensive weapon, however.

There a lots of good thing to be said about them.

I'd recommend the G2C. It's concealble, reasonably light weight. Nice capacity at 12+1. Accurate for an inexpensive Pistol

If you do buy one, be sure to check the trigger in Single Action set up to make sure it does not have a hitch in the lengthy take up. Do this before you pay for it and leave the store with it. Once you've bought it.... it's yours.

That is the "only" complaint I have with mine. The more I shoot, the less bothersome it becomes. However, it shouldn't be there in the first place.

My $ .02

Reactions: papadave328

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you're looking for an investment.... No. It will likely lose value as it is used. A good investment as a defensive weapon, however.

There a lots of good thing to be said about them.

I'd recommend the G2C. It's concealble, reasonably light weight. Nice capacity at 12+1. Accurate for an inexpensive Pistol

If you do buy one, be sure to check the trigger in Single Action set up to make sure it does not have a hitch in the lengthy take up. Do this before you pay for it and leave the store with it. Once you've bought it.... it's yours.

That is the "only" complaint I have with mine. The more I shoot, the less bothersome it becomes. However, it shouldn't be there in the first place.

My $ .02
This as well. I ended up swapping triggers 2 weeks into ownership as my safety blade was catching on the frame when I shot it. By the time I take it apart to self fix it, I said might as well put another one in going that far into tear down.

·
Super Moderator
37,500 Posts
My dealer had one left in stock. Threw it on layaway. I'll pick it up Friday. $230 with tax.

I am pretty sure you'll like it. The 12 +1 in an easy to carry and accurate package is hard to beat at any price. Let us know what you think!

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
94 Posts
Never checked the trigger on the G2C that I bought at a gun show. the 2 others I looked at that day didn't have the glitch. Got home and mine had the glitch. While watching tv I have been putting 1 finger behind the trigger and working the trigger safety with another finger. It gone a long way to solve the problem. If the trigger isn't used in a while the glitch is back. 2 or 3 dry fires and it is gone. Also helps with finger placement on the trigger helps a lot. When I first got it chatted with Taurus about it. Their guy played stupid about it and told me 12 weeks was the turn around time. Love the way the gun shoots so if the glitch goes away I will be a happy camper. Happy New year to everyone. My New Years resolution is to spend more time at the range.

·
Registered
32,202 Posts
See if you can find someone who has one and will let you shoot it. Then make your decision. Not everyone will like it, I have had two and like them, but also had the previous older platforms and liked them.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
You are asking THIS bunch whether or not you should buy a gun?:eek: You do realize that we are one of the biggest bunch of enablers on the internet, right?:D

As resident Gun Shui advisor, I can confidently state that the acquisition of the pistol in question could only enhance your shooting karma and be beneficial to the balance of your gun safe chi.:p

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I have the PT111 G2 and enjoy it enough that i am contemplating a second one. It isone of the best designs Taurus has ever produced. Get it, enjoy it, and carry it.

·
Super Moderator
37,500 Posts
I bought two at academy’s Black Friday this year for $179 each and love them.

Welcome aboard Nick from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pick it up this morning. Mine does have the trigger hitch I read about in another thread. I dry fired it about 200 times and it seemed to help. I'll put. Some rounds though it tomorrow and see how it shoots.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts