Taurus Firearm Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
My choice is a 12 ga coach gun with 3" chambers. I feed it 3" 00 buckshot with each shell holding 15 ( not 9 ) 00 buckshot. it also holds 5 more rounds in a side saddle bandolier. It uses dual triggers so I don't have to worry about a single trigger inertia mechanism failing to swap barrels when a shot is fired. The coach gun is the partner of a .45 acp 1911a1.
Rather than use a 3 inch and lose the recovery time from the additional recoil, I went to #1Buck.

That's 16 or 20- depending on brand and whether they are plated or not- .30 ball every shot. 00 Buck is .32, so only you and the coroner would know the difference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I keep being tempted to pickup one of the Century Arms rabbit ears coach guns. Yes they're made in China, but what isn't?

Mine is a Stoeger hammerless coach gun with dual triggers made in Brazil. I debated a while before deciding on a hammerless model, but many people including Hickok45 prefer those with hammers.

·
Super Moderator
35,284 Posts
On most hammerless guns, one can lower the internal hammers if that concerns you. It does require snap caps. Personally, yes, safety is important, but I'd rather not have to break the gun open to cock the hammers before putting the gun ready for use. I hunt with doubles. I'm too used to just kicking off the safety and going for it.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I have a Shockwave in 20 ga, sold the 12 when the price shot up. I'm currently considering a Standard Manufacturing DP 12. It's a double barrel pump volley gun 12 ga, both barrels fire at once. It's already set up for the 1.75 inch shells if you want, and very heavy. Certainly would clear a hallway quickly. Also the walls, brick, and mortar, probably.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I have a Shockwave in 20 ga, sold the 12 when the price shot up. I'm currently considering a Standard Manufacturing DP 12. It's a double barrel pump volley gun 12 ga, both barrels fire at once. It's already set up for the 1.75 inch shells if you want, and very heavy. Certainly would clear a hallway quickly. Also the walls, brick, and mortar, probably.
I stand corrected. I finally got the QR code to work to download the manual. It is not a volley gun, each barrel fires alternatively. Each tube holds 7 rounds, and it is NOT set up for 1.75 shells. Serves me right for reading a review rather than the manual. Still a beast, though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I stand corrected. I finally got the QR code to work to download the manual. It is not a volley gun, each barrel fires alternatively. Each tube holds 7 rounds, and it is NOT set up for 1.75 shells. Serves me right for reading a review rather than the manual. Still a beast, though.
I thought the same thing when I first saw it and was very appealing to me for that reason but no it’s one pump to trigger presses which to me seems like a training nightmare but might be a fun toy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I also like buttstocks on shotguns. You never know when you might run into somebody that's in dire need of a good, old fashioned buttstoke.

Taking a mouthful of walnut (or high impact plastic) is rumored to be a life changing experience.:whistle:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Now that'd qualify as an effective street sweeper.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts