Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my friends, I am in a quandry as to which shotgun to buy. This will be for sporting clays/skeet, some duck and dove hunting, maybe some deer and turkey as well. I am looking for a 3" shooter that can easily cycle 2 3/4 target loads. The ones that I have basically narrowed it down to (autoloaders only) are:

1) Browning Gold Hunter $600 (after factory $100 rebate)
2) Winchester Super X2 $600, basically like the Browning, but with a higher rib.
3) Beretta 930 $525 (WalMart special)
4) Remington 11/87 $525 (WalMart special)
5) Stoeger 2000 $400

Of all of these guns, the Winchester fit the best, but they all fit nicely. The Stoeger is cheapest but I hear some good and some bad about these.

What do you guys think? I will probably put less than 500 rounds a year through it.

Todd

·
Registered
173 Posts
Personally, I love my Mossberg 500. But it is a 20 gauge which I use for turkey. What I do like about it is that it is inexpensive to upgrade. I bought a rifled bore for under $140. and can use it as a short range deer rifle. It is also lighter than a Remmington, which helps in the woods.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a Remington 1100 and two barrels, one for target loads (2 gas holes) and one for Magnum loads (1 hole) and I love it!!

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
The WalMart guns may not be available at those prices for long. Remember that wally world is getting out of the gun business. I live in a rural/college area and our local one cleared out the displays recently.

Steelheart

·
Registered
30 Posts
You could try finding a Winchester 1300 with the Winchoke barrel. Mine is smoother than an 870 and just as accurate as any higher priced gun out there. They are a lil hard to find though.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Have you considered a benelli? For just a little bit more you can get their autoloaders and people consider them to be the finest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts