Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
This is one I need to wring out. Monkey Wards Mossberg with 12 ga. rifled slug barrel and raptor grip. How it patterns with shot peaks my interest.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,820 Posts
I made a comment somewhere about shooting a BG with #7 birdshot in the house and was called all sorts of nasty names. Basically told it's ineffective, etc. Well if you have your face peppered with birdshot, you are most likely going to stop being the threat to me and my family. I think Clint summed it up perfectly. The intent is not to kill, it's to stop the threat. It's also much easier patching up dozens of small pellet holes in the wall than bigger ones that may completely penetrate the wall. Besides, do you realize how long it takes to wheel out the 8 pounder, fill it with grapeshot and yell Talley Ho?

·
Registered
700 Posts
I made a comment somewhere about shooting a BG with #7 birdshot in the house and was called all sorts of nasty names. Basically told it's ineffective, etc. Well if you have your face peppered with birdshot, you are most likely going to stop being the threat to me and my family. I think Clint summed it up perfectly. The intent is not to kill, it's to stop the threat. It's also much easier patching up dozens of small pellet holes in the wall than bigger ones that may completely penetrate the wall. Besides, do you realize how long it takes to wheel out the 8 pounder, fill it with grapeshot and yell Talley Ho?
My father-in-law always had a shotgun for home defense. The first two rounds were birdshot but after that, the rest were 00 buck. He always said he didn't want to kill anyone but if they were gonna insist...

·
Premium Member
13,129 Posts
The pistol that sits on my nightstand is there to get me to my shotgun which is loaded with number 4 buckshot and is a short ten feet away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts