Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Shot myself at the range today....

3K views 31 replies 30 participants last post by  NativeTexan 
#1 ·
While hanging up my first target of the session I shot myself with the staple gun right under my ring finger nail, I asked the worker for a bandaid, he said "what got ya"? I said "the staple gun", he said "It happens all the time and brought out a huge box of band aids. I felt pretty stupid.

The PT140 fed and ejected flawlessly, both the ten rounds of PDX1 Defender 165 grain, as well as the 50 rounds of Federal 165 grain of Range and Target.

The PT111 Performed just as well with the 50 rounds of Winchester White Box 115 grain FMJ, until the next to last mag which I got one FTE.

So all in all not too bad of a day.The zombie target was smoked, and no fliers at 25 yards. :guns:

#5 ·
I got myself once with the framing nail gun that was a big ouch and a few four letter words. At the skeet range I had a broken target go over my glasses and got the corner of my eyebrow I bled like a stuck pig Randy

Reactions: dbeardslee
#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ouch! A buddy of mine was roofing and shot himself in the kneecap with a roofing gun. He said he almost p-ssed himself!

Reactions: BW64
#8 ·
D'oh! I hate it when that happens! "This thing couldn't cut butter! Ouch, dammit stop laughing and grab me a paper towel"

#7 ·
When your day starts like that it has to get better.. Ban staple guns..;)

#9 ·
You gotta watch out for them dang GUNS. Staple gun, nail gun, glue gun, and most of all that, "son of a gun". That one usually comes after one of the others have gotten you already. The table saw is not a gun, but does a number on the "cocking" thumb.
When and if the day ever comes I will get out the guns mentioned above and say "here ya go cowboy".

#11 · (Edited)
Ouch! That's gotta hurt!!! BTW, I was looking at both of the pistols you fired, over at Top Dollar Pawn today, in Durant. And they had an unusual .44 magnum - an older model revolver with a 4" barrel. Built heavy, like a Bull but without a double cylinder lock and minus the red striped grip. Was not a Tracker. Had a ported barrel without an expansion chamber. Simply said, Taurus, .44 magnum. Must be a grand daddy...

Wasn't ribbed, either.

#13 ·
I actually don't like the staple gun approach for targets. The guy who owns the range (the range that uses staple guns) said to me, "you mean you can shoot a firearm, but you don't know how to load a staple gun?" :) Well I know how, but I just thought that maybe he'd want to be of help to his customers.

So I go to the other range now...the one without the staple guns.

#14 ·
Have you seen how many rounds those staple guns hold?
You're just lucky you didn't get yourself 6 or 7 times!

What is the allowed BAC for staple guns, anyway?

#16 ·
That reminds me of when my partner & I were doing some vertical wood siding. He was on the ladder about 25 up putting on black paper with a slap stapler & I was in the front of the building cutting when I heard him yelling! Went to investigate & found him stapled to the building. Yep, he put it right through his finger. I had to get the other ladder & a pair of needle nose pliers & get him loose!! Seemed funny to me!! Not him! :) LOL

Sorry for the hijack!

BW

#18 ·
Been there done that got the scars to prove & it hurts like h!!L!!!

BW

#21 ·
I had a Stanley staple gun malfunction and when I was "un fixing " the problem it shot a staple into my thumb. It went all the way thru the "meat" and was almost poking out of the thumbnail. Not as bad as when I was putting boards up on a trellis and shot a 3" ring shanked nail thru a board and my finger. Didn't realize it until I tried to pull my hand back to check my work. That one didn't want to come out easy.

#25 ·
Is the staple magazine more then 7 rds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.