Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to shoot my TX22 for the first time the other day. It was wonderful. Slide was so easy to work, slide lock was so easy to use, grip is great, and I was so much more accurate than with my 9mm. (Plus I got a bunch of 22LR for 5 cents a round as opposed to 30 cents a round for the 9mm.) This seems like a really great gun. I wish my 9mm was as easy and fun to shoot.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Everyone should own a .22. There is a reason that the .22 cartridge has been around for so long. It is accurate, fun, and you get a lot of shooting for not much money. Taurus hit a home run with the TX22.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I learned the TX22 is great for teaching new shooters. I've used mine for that lately & they do better with it than with my centerfire guns & they stay at the range longer. They enjoy shooting it. Some relatives of mine are shopping for their first house gun & after a few more trips to the range I'll rent a G3 & see how they do. That's what I recommended to them but they're nearly impossible to find now. I read there's 2.5 million new gun owners this year. Some say more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a new gun owner and have already bought 3. =)

Decided to take a class and buy one because of everything going on. I had no idea how fun and addicting going to the range would become.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I put a laser on the TX22 to see how my wife & her sister would do with it. What a difference! They shot way better today. I don't know if it's just easier to see (they're 58 & 62) or they just need more practice with open sights. 2" groups @ 7 yards. Not bad for newbies!

·
Super Moderator
35,778 Posts
You've discovered the joys of shooting the lowly rimfire. :D I love shooting all of mine and I can shoot anything out here. The only limitation to shooting rimfire is you cannot handload them. :D

They're great for carry around the place and small game like squirrel and rabbit, too.

Reactions: Doc Holliday
1 - 9 of 9 Posts