Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the indoor range with the new 9mm carbine. At 30' using my hand loads... Berry's 115 gr hollow base, plated round nose loaded with IMR PB powder at 3.6 grains.

This carbine is fun to shoot, but I'll need to adjust the front sight... Even with rear sight in full right adjustment it shot left. (The front sight is removed when fully breaking down the gun... Which I did at purchase to clean all grease out of it... Hence losing whatever 'zero' it had.) front sight is adjustable and held on to barrel with two set screws

no recoil to speak of (it's a heavy gun and has spring loaded butt plate)

peep sights are nice

trigger is stiff.. My guess 8lbs

no failures of any kind with first 100 rds

i might invest in a few more mags ($17 ea free shipping from hipoint) and maybe a vertical foregrip

i better start reloading... It's easy to blow through the ammo when having fun shooting this gun!

the gun is accurate... See group... I just need to work on getting it zeroed

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come to think of it... I should have shot a few rounds of factory ammo first... Before trying my hand loads! I know my batch of hand loads work well in my compact cz75D pcr 9mm... But I'm thinking good practice would be to always shoot a new gun with factory ammo first...

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Went to the indoor range with the new 9mm carbine. At 30' using my hand loads... Berry's 115 gr hollow base, plated round nose loaded with IMR PB powder at 3.6 grains.

This carbine is fun to shoot, but I'll need to adjust the front sight... Even with rear sight in full right adjustment it shot left. (The front sight is removed when fully breaking down the gun... Which I did at purchase to clean all grease out of it... Hence losing whatever 'zero' it had.) front sight is adjustable and held on to barrel with two set screws

no recoil to speak of (it's a heavy gun and has spring loaded butt plate)

peep sights are nice

trigger is stiff.. My guess 8lbs

no failures of any kind with first 100 rds

i might invest in a few more mags ($17 ea free shipping from hipoint) and maybe a vertical foregrip

i better start reloading... It's easy to blow through the ammo when having fun shooting this gun!

the gun is accurate... See group... I just need to work on getting it zeroed
I want one soooooo bad. But I want a 5.56/.223 first. Great group. Now go out there and do some 50-yard or more shooting. I want to know what I can do if I can get one. What fun!

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Nice shooting, the pistol caliber carbines are fun to shoot.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
That just makes me want to take my 4095 down to the river on my brother's place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts