Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 430 pound whitetail deer, shot yesterday somewhere in MI. Do you think it is real or is it "Photoshopped?"

Big bull.jpg

This was on FB this AM.

Reactions: ncfarmer

·
Registered
21,110 Posts

·
Registered
21,110 Posts

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: hombre243

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Thanks for the response, I had not taken the time to research it and was sure someone here would have a link or knowledge about it. It just does not look right to me with such a small head and neck.
I want to know what that cost him?

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

Reactions: AOCM.RET

·
Registered
15,646 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,909 Posts
Management Hunt,bucks up to 160", $4000. Bronze Hunt, bucks 160-180", $6000, Silver, 180-200", $9000, Gold call for pricing.
But, no kill, only the deposit is paid. It is one on one with the guide. Guests are welcome at no extra charge meals included.
Heck...go to the website!

Reactions: AOCM.RET

·
Super Moderator
26,909 Posts
OK venison experts...does size affect taste?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Mostly the diet effects taste. The older ones are naturally not as tender as the younger. Where I hunt a 5-6 year old big -ol'-buck tastes almost as good a the 3-4 year old. These deer are living on wheat farms so they are healthy and fat.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
That deer looks like it's diet consisted of cheese and brats.

·
Registered
14,636 Posts
When I was younger and much more fit, dragging a 220 lb buck would take me all of a day with someone helping. 430 lbs???? Hell, I'd have to have it airlifted with a heavy lift cradle.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
That deer is probably legitimate. The world record whitetail deer comes from Minnesota
or upper Michigan I believe and weighed in at about 550 pounds. There is a law of nature
that states, the further the location from the equator, the larger the deer are. In Central
North Carolina, where I live, a 200 pound deer is considered a big one but in the upper
Midwest, 300 pound deer are not rare and a 400 pounder is considered a big one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts