Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several months ago, some dirtbags shot a highway patrol officer in Phoenix during a traffic stop. Got him directly in the face, and drove off, firing at the back-up officers.

Craziest thing is, the perps returned to the scene a minute or so later, and opened fire again, while officers were attending to the wounded.

Long story short, they captured the perp about 2 or 3 days later.

I had the honor to meet the wounded officer last Sunday at my neighbors house, and we had some beers together.

I am totally impressed with his progress. Both physically and mentally. He's a tough cop. A good man.

Gun used was a .45. Bullet entered above lip at nose. Shattered all facial bones on the left side. Took out some teeth and gum area. Missed major artery by fractions of an inch. Still portions of bullet there, too close to be removed.

The guy looks great. He's a bit self conscious, but for no reason. Has a small portion of nostril missing, but that will be addressed later this week.

Entire left side of his face has a titanium plate under the skin, where the bone structure was. He has a huge dental partial for the time being. Big hole inside his mouth.

He's got 3 or 4 major surgeries scheduled so far.

I avoided the topic, but eventually he recounted the whole episode to me. He seems to be handling everything very, very well.

Here's the really bad part that will probably upset you, as much as if did me:

He had to get his yearly performance review: Sergeant had the balls to say "When you get back to work, you gotta try to get more seat belt violations"

Is this guy serious? My neighbor is a Sgt. in the same dept., and he was furious when he heard that. What they should be asking him is: "Where would you like to go when you return to work? We'll find an opening anywhere you want."

Next thing is him getting bombarded with subpoenas. Seems like all the defense attorneys representing people he arrested are demanding trials ASAP, knowing that he isn't available. Thus hoping to get their clients off.

That is typical dirtbag lawyer stuff. Doesn't surprise me at all. However the comment from this guys sergeant disturbs me quite a bit.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Glad to hear this great news. My thoughts are with him for a full recovery! Thanks for the update!

Reactions: Rottiejake

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,873 Posts
Glad to hear this great news. My thoughts are with him for a full recovery! Thanks for the update!
What he said.png

And I will keep him in my prayers.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Glad to hear it! Tell him or your neighbor that even though the news channels tend to show otherwise, we support our LEO like we support our military!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Internal departmental issues aside - the officer sounds like a strong man with plenty of backbone and great character.

I'd call the bluff of the the defendants and their oppotunistic scumbag lawyers and go with the earliest possible trial dates available - maybe even jump them back closer due to 'pending critical medical treatment' and wade in with the freshest wounds possible and medical experts prepared to describe the permanent damage and long-term health implications (in GREAT detail) that will be a life-long ordeal for this good public servant.

Perhaps screwing these perp punks to the wall will give him some sense of justice while also sending a message that swift and powerful justice awaits those that might consider similar soul less actions in the future!!!

Get 'em off the street!!! :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts