Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering a glock 30 for ccw but now I want a taurus. The problem is that I would like a gun similar to the pt-145ssp but with a longer barrel. The 24/7 looks like it would work if it didn't have such a long grip. Hell, I would even take a long slide model with a short grip. Are there any options that I am overlooking?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Soon to be released is the Taurus PT 809b (9mm) with other possible calibers coming (845, 840..?.). It is is like a compact 24/7 OSS from what I have seen. The Taurus 24/7 is really very comfortable for CCW, but then again I have no problem toting a PT1911 or PT92 either. Small of the back when walking or often in a shoulder rig. Shoulder rig is very nice for vehicle trips.

I know it would void a warranty, but I toyed with the idea of cutting off a portion of my 24/7 lower grip and using PT145 mags. Dropping 2 rounds from the mag would be around an inch plus in grip length for a 45cal.. If you don't mind all metal, there is PT945, PT909/PT908 (9mm), PT917c (shorter version of the PT92, with 20rd mag in 9mm) too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have been using a revolver (S&W 640) with a clipdraw, it's 4 3/4" tall and it weighs 23oz empty. The weight is OK put sometimes I have a problem with the grip sticking out. This is likely due to using a clip instead of a holster, carrying it in front of my hip and only wearing a t-shirt. I think most of my problems will be solved by using a holster to keep the gun tight and low, unlike the clipdraw.

I, too, have thought about cutting the grip on a 24/7 for pt145 mags, but what about the finger grooves? I have seen this done on full sized glocks but doing it myself seems scary. Do you think that the 24/7 oss models give up a bunch in concealability when compared to the standard 24/7s? Do they make one with a stainless slide and black frame? I will likely try a 24/7 or a 24/7 oss.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts