Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

Registered
When I life guarded in a predominantly black apartment complex just outside Ferguson (in Florissant) there was a group of 10-12 year olds running a floating crap game. they claimed hundreds a week in take and had cash wads. they seemed to be already accomplished thugs.

Registered
Don't hate the armed victim...hate the game.

Reactions: Sekol

Super Moderator
When I life guarded in a predominantly black apartment complex just outside Ferguson (in Florissant) there was a group of 10-12 year olds running a floating crap game. they claimed hundreds a week in take and had cash wads. they seemed to be already accomplished thugs.
I take it this was pre-Caddyshack's idea of a floating crap game . . .famously done with Bill Murray . . .

Reactions: CB236

Registered
Don't hate the armed victim...hate the game.
Cough cough (expletive!) Cough cough

I hate people attempting to rob or harm me / mine. and that is fleetingly hated and limited to the time of direct threat.

Registered
The title is somewhat misleading. Sounds like a customer just shot a teen for stealing.

But after reading the teen was flashing a gun and demanding something........I take that as a threat to my life.
I stand behind the shopper now.

Registered
The title is somewhat misleading. Sounds like a customer just shot a teen for stealing.

But after reading the teen was flashing a gun and demanding something........I take that as a threat to my life.
I stand behind the shopper now.
I thought the same thing initally and quickly changed.

Cough cough (expletive!) Cough cough

I hate people attempting to rob or harm me / mine. and that is fleetingly hated and limited to the time of direct threat.
I agree. I was using their slang to punctuate the fact that the thugs and their family will now hate the victim for defending themselves when they should take responsibility for their choice.

Registered
Wow. Just wow.

Super Moderator
One dead, hopefully two get life in prison. Three thugs off the street, many more to go.

Registered
Bad career choice..

Registered
These kids seem to be getting more and more bold in their efforts to get free stuff

Registered
What kind of shoes could be worth committing armed robbery and possible losing your life?

Registered
These kids seem to be getting more and more bold in their efforts to get free stuff

This might be a over generalization on my part, but if the shoe fits.....

The kids come from families who get money from the government for just having more kids, and or one parent is a thug/dealer, possibly both, so they grow up seeing that instead of working hard for a living and being proud of what you have, all you have to do is wait on your draw, and when you want something that the draw wont cover, plenty of people and places have said items, all you have to do is grab a gun and go shopping.

This is reinforced by the media constantly portraying thugs and criminals as misunderstood quire boys who even help rehabilitate injured flies. And how anyone who dares to defend themselves against "those less fortunate" are evil, and that by hurting or killing that person, they really are helping make the world a better place.

Only people on earth more deluded then our generation of teenage thugs, are North Koreans.

Registered
It's the " They owe me and I deserve it" mentality.

It's not limited to any one race or ethnicity - you can trust me on that!

I have known and know of people who just think the government - wether federal, state, county or city) owes them the means to live just like everybody else.

I'm not talking basic shelter, water or heat. I'm talking cable tv, internet, high dollar transportation, fine clothing and jewelry.

I knew people who could afford to buy a basic car. It would be a tight budget, but they could do it. Instead, they proclaimed that they were "too good' for that kind of vehicle and that society somehow owed them something better.

I don't mind helping those who are less fortunate than me and don't always have the basic necessities.

But I have an issue with busting my ass all day and then having somebody who COULD work but refuses to , and DEMAND that I contribute to a life style that is nicer than mine.

Super Moderator
What kind of shoes could be worth committing armed robbery and possible losing your life?

We had a case last week in Chiraq where a 15 year old boy, days before his 16th birthday, was shot in the chest and killed instantly because he refused to hand over his leather jacket. He was walking with his twin brother at the time and was one of the kids who was raised right and trying to live a good, straight life in the 'hood. This story really resonated with me in the brutality and senseless nature of the murder. These are animals out there, rabid animals with no conscience. Demario's mother will have to live with the guilt of not moving her kids out of the jungle.

Bond set for suspects in Demario Bailey murder | abc7chicago.com

Registered
Jimmy, I get your comment. But I have worked with these kids and it's not about them being misunderstood. It's about the kids not understanding. MOST of theses kids are good kids that get caught up in peer pressure or swayed by those few who intend on dong wrong. They are bombarded with the message they need to be cool and hard core. Nobody ever tells them the end result of that is death or prison. I do not excuse that behavior one bit. I saw this lady on TV crying because her son was hot during a home invasion. She said they killed my baby over a pack of cigarettes and some change. I felt her pain, but really wanted to tell her that isn't why your baby died. He died for breaking into someones home.

One thing I have found is 90% of the time, behind ever kid who went down the wrong track is an adult who failed them.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts