Taurus Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who are unfamiliar with him, ShootingTheBull410 is a TA.net forum member, editor, and YouTube Content Creator who specializes in firearms related content, most notably his Ammo Quest series in which he performs in-depth Ballistics Gel Tests live on camera and his Judging the Judge series in which he argues the merits of the Taurus Judge. However, he stopped posting new videos a couple years ago due to undisclosed health issues.

Well, now he's back and has posted an update video on his channel.

For those who don't feel like watching it right now, he just explains that he's been away for so long due to his doctor telling him to avoid stress, so with the internet being as stressful a place as it is, especially for someone on YouTube, he took some time away to spend quality time with his wife, take care of his medical expenses, and rekindled his love affair with motorcycles, but now he's back to produce new videos, many of which have already been recorded which just need to be edited before they go live. He's also going to start doing videos on motorcycles as well.

Personally, I'm very excited to see that he's coming back, as he was easily my favorite producer of firearms-related content on YouTube with his no nonsense, results-before-opinions approach to testing firearms/ammo. ShootingTheBull410 was one of the first people to actively stand up for the Taurus Judge as a practical self-defense firearm, not to mention one of the few folks to actually submit video evidence to disprove a lot of the preconceived notions in regards to the Judge, such as it's supposed lack of accuracy and the supposed lack of effectiveness/insufficient penetration of .410 Bore Shotshells out of the Judge's short rifled barrel. Also, his Ammo Quest series really helped me to choose my carry ammo.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Well that's great news! LOVE THIS GUY! Well his videos at least. He does the most thorough and carefully constructed tests on ammo of anybody out there. I make most all of my decisions about SD ammo based on his videos. I remember a while back on one of them he said he was going to take a hiatus for health reasons. I was very disappointed but very glad now that he's back, both for the videos and for his own personal well being. Thanks for posting about it, I didn't know.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, that's why I posted this thread. I only learned he was back by complete happenstance when visiting his YouTube channel to get the link to one of his older videos.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm beginning to understand why he almost immediately stopped posting videos shortly after this thread was posted... Because apparently there are folks who so strongly disagree with him and cannot resist the urge to impulsively defame him that they'll necro-bump a thread that's over three years old just to do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.