Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 dead, 2 others injured in Herkimer (my hometown) and Mohawk in rural, upstate NY. Killer used a shotgun and is still holed up in a building. SWAT teams on the scene. Governor is here now holding a presser. Sad day here. Knew one of the victims, who was just getting his oil changed when shooter walked in and shot him and a worker.

·
Registered
15,049 Posts
Very sad thing to hear. Hope they get the shooter without anyone else getting hurt.
Would like to see them get the shooter alive, for a change. But, if they don't, they don't.

As usual, once the shooter gets cornered with no way of escape, they end their own lives. :sad:

Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
News reported that they sent in a canine this morning - the perp shot and killed the dog, so they went in and eradicated the guy
Sounds like good riddance!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He was shot dead this morning after he shot and killed an FBI Canine officer. The handler then shot and killed this scum perp. Details to follow but I believe he may have simply used a double barrel shotgun to kill for people and wound two others, one of whom is still critical.

·
Registered
589 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
I've never personally known someone who was murdered; and hope I never have to find out what it's like.

I'm sure this was a sad day for you.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Born and raised in Herk for 33 yrs, Never expected my family to ever call me telling me about tragic news of this kind.

sent using Taptalk Droid

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Sorry to hear you know one of the victims. I hope they were one of the survivors. If so, prayers for a speedy recovery, if not prayers for a peaceful rest.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry to hear you know one of the victims. I hope they were one of the survivors. If so, prayers for a speedy recovery, if not prayers for a peaceful rest.
Unfortunately I know one of each. The survivor (actually there are two - one is going to be fine but the other is undergoing his second surgery today and has been critical since last week) owned a barbershop and he and three customers were shot, two of whom died at the scene. My neighbor growing up was just "in the wrong place at the wrong time" at was getting his oil changed when the perp shot him through the shop window - 3 times. He and a worker died at that scene. The guy used a Mossberg 590 pump with 12 ga slugs. The perp was later killed after being surrounded by numerous law enforcement in an abandoned building. FBI Tactical squad came in from Quantico and lost a K-9 to this guy, then made swiss cheese out of him I would guess. Herkimer and Mohaw are quiet little bedroom communities of less than 10,000 residents combined. Community is rightfully shook up. Interestingly enough, the family of the survivor still clinging to life issued a statement early on that said in no way do they blame the gun for the shooting but rather they blame the shooter.

·
Registered
217 Posts
YankeeGunner when did you leave and where are you now? No need to get specific, just state if you're okay with that.
I left old Herk in 07 and moved to the mid west MO, It is not as beautiful as upstate NY and we have no family out here but MO kind of grows on you. I love NY but I do not see my self living there again.

sent using Taptalk Droid

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.