Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I guess that I did okay for my second time shooting it and my third time shooting a handgun. This was at 10 yards. I was finally able to shoot hit some targets from longer distances. I noticed that sometimes that I would still shoot high. I had to do more like a snowman as one member said. I noticed it is probably me though. Every now and then, I would jerk the trigger and hit really low. On this target, I actually had one miss this target and hit just below the paper at around 7-8.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was shooting 165grain bullets WWB. I need to try some 180 grain bullets. I didn't really think about it, but I shot a few hollow points to make sure that they loaded okay. I hit the target right between the eyes and just thought I got lucky. The rest of the bullets were fired in the torso were I already had a lot of bullets and didn't think much of it. They could have helped my POI. What has been everyone else's experience.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Much better then my first couple rounds with the straight 8. It was very different for me, I'm use to a 3 dot setup. But I'm getting much better now. I found that every 5-7 shots it would be in out in left fields somewhere. I have been looking at my options for puchasing a 3-dot sight but like I said I getting use to it now.

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
I think you are a natural. Just tighten it up a little. :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
ares said:
I like that target. I couldn't fing it on their website. Where can I find it.
Google "downloadable targets".....lots to choose from

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I split a box of 180 grain reloads this last weekend and it made the gun shoot a lot better at the POA. Instead of hitting low, it was an inch high and an inch to the left. The left was most likely me....(that is were most were grouping) except a few stragglers. :-[

·
21,932 Posts
I did not like the str 8's on my 9mm LS when I first got it. I bought the williams sites for it but had trouble when I tried to swap them. Because of time I just left the 8's on for while until I had time. Meanwhile I have gotten used to them and I am shooting pretty good with them. The thing I noticed for me is when I switched guns last week for a steel match and the new gun had 3 dot I wasted a couple of strings trying to get re-accustomed to them. I have to make a choice to go all 3 dot or str 8's. Swapping back and fourth is not helping my scores..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts