Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a project I got done while home on break. I got the plans here: http://www.horstguns.com/services/shooting-bench

The materials were right at $100 at Lowe's. The plans assume a little knowledge and some common sense but are easy enough to work off of. It's solid - no wobble at all. I used a rangefinder (the big yellow one that looks like a radar gun) to set the front of the table 50 yards from my backstop. I put concrete around the legs. I beveled every edge on it. I bought the dowels so I could glue short pieces into the side to hold pistols - had to get back on the road before I got to the dowels. I also plan to build a box behind it to hold targets, pigeon chucker, staple gun, etc., and I'm going to build rifle racks on the sides of the box. Last but not least I'm going to box in around it all and fill it with sand so we don't have to worry about cutting the grass under/around the table.

I'm happy with it. Works like a champ.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
That's one stud of a bench - nice job, good pics. *jealous*

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Real nice! I've got a suggestion though. Put some wheels on the front legs so you can move it easily.

·
Registered
701 Posts
That is really sweet and so damn practical!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
You have a very nice playground.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
That's very nice thank you for the link. I'm left-hand and brother is right-hand that is a lot better than the picnic table we share when dueling tree with rifles.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Great job! Looks amazing. I will take two lol

CreekFisher

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Very nice piece of work, 4X4! Very impressive!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Damn nice. How much ya reckon it weighs? Can two people load/unload it from a pickup? I could not leave that where I shoot or it would belong to someone else in no time....

·
Registered
867 Posts
The best part is that you can use it as a tornado shelter also! :icon_ lala: That looks like one solidly constructed shooting bench. Nice work. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn nice. How much ya reckon it weighs? Can two people load/unload it from a pickup? I could not leave that where I shoot or it would belong to someone else in no time....
I'm not sure what it weighs, but it's really heavy. I wouldn't want to carry it very far.

·
Administrator
40,266 Posts
That's pretty cool, and looks easy enough to make. I may need to try that myself. I think it would be ok left where I shoot, if it's too heavy to move. Might want to build it on site!

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Nice job on building the bench. Looks great..

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Very good, I wouldn't mind having a portable bench

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Nice work, I need to build something like that

1 - 20 of 21 Posts