Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from an early morning shoot out in the desert. I was shooting my relatively new PT809. My buddy had his Glock 22 and a Keltec sub2k in .40. He was very impressed with my 809. Loved the trigger pull. I shot his Glock and wasn't very impressed at all. Sub 2k is a fun gun to shoot though. Accurate out to 100m or more.

Here is my target from 25m. I couldn't do anything close to this with his Glock, and neither could he. If I had to choose my 809 or his Glock as my only weapon, the 809 wins hands down.

Attachments

Reactions: FZ1 and darbo

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
25M!........thats better than I shoot.
The 800 series is Taurus' best poly gun IMO.

I had the 845 for nearly 3 years. It was an excellent shooter- and no issues at all. Let a friend shoot it- he wanted it real bad. He offered me the new price for it. I miss it. They make a compact also.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Good shootin'! Been itching to get back out with my 809, too!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Excellent, the 809 is terrific. Glad to hear ya had a great day with it...I need to get back out to the range. Kinda afraid to burn the ammo...it has doubled (actually tripled) in price from the LGS here since I last got it and Walmart has none!

Local LGS ran through the automatic back order quantity and too much extra too quickly so they said and they lost the discount. They finally started getting some but it is at $36 a box. I paid $11 on sale and 14 when it wasn't on sale. While I was there they reduced it to $22 a box and I couldn't bring myself to buy any.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts