Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after burning the crap out of my fingers on a hot barrel this weekend, I decided to buy a pair of shooting gloves for Trap Shooting. Here's the rub for me, I'm left handed and I wear a size 2XL glove. I found a company that actually makes gloves just for trap shooters and had exactly what I wanted. So I coughed up $65.00 bucks and ordered a pair. I hope these things work as advertised. That's a lot of money for a pair of gloves. GripSwell Ergonomic Shooting Gloves They also make gloves for pistol shooters, hunters, and motorcycle riders. Anybody here have any experience with these?

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I swear by gloves when I shoot Glocks, that trigger safety just tears my finger pad.

Reactions: h20joe

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
I only use gloves when it's super cold at the range, which is usually under 20 F. For those situations i have a pair of 2XL cloth gloves that aren't thick in the least but are warm and have little grip dots all over them. Had them for about 3 years now and they work for my use, but maybe not for everyone.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, this will take some getting used to for me. I've never worn gloves when shooting. But Trap shooting in hot weather makes that shotgun barrel really hot. By the time you get to the fifth position, 20 targets shot, the heat waves coming off the barrel are pretty heavy and breaking open an O/U causes our fingers to slip up onto the barrel sometimes. So, when it's hot out I will use at least one glove on the offhand to avoid the burns and keep my concentration on the targets.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Never wore gloves.......except in a combat situation of course. I just don't need them on the range although I certainly understand Big's situation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Personaly I just wear Dockers soft regular leather gloves, Great feeling and Inexpensive.. Don't know if they make them that large though..

·
Registered
31,687 Posts
I like to shoot hand guns with gloves, particularly If I'm going to be shooting something with a lot of accumulative recoil and I am going to be shooting a lot. I just don't have a lot of meat on my hands, and I shoot much better and have less flinch factor.

Another thing to consider....nearly all professional hit men in the movies wear gloves! :D

I know, there are a lot of folks who like to feel the leather when they ride, but I don't think a person is a sissy at all to wear gloves at the range. :) Just get good fitting gloves!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts