Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guy's wear shooting gloves when shooting your handguns? If so, what brand/type?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Uncle Mike's - Fingerless gloves

The padding in the palm really helps during those extended shooting sessions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got a pair of weight lifting gloves at wally world and they work great, at about a third of the cost. Just throw away the one you do not shoot with. Love mine

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
The aggressive grip on the PT145 can wear on my hands. Rather than trying to wrap the grip in a covering... I've left it plain for carry and bought a set of the weight lifting gloves at WalMart too. They have an extra layer of leather in the palm for padding. So I can shoot all I want at the range, and still have the smallest "print" when I carry the gun.

Reactions: Lomax

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have several different pairs that I rarely wear for regular shooting, even in bad weather. Although I still do practice wearing gloves sometimes just to keep the feel, just incase.

·
Registered
41 Posts
C'mon ladies... when Mr. Bad Guy is breaking into your home, are you gonna have time to slip on your precious piggy protectors?

I suppose you have driving gloves, golfing gloves, and piano gloves too. ;)

J/K - I have a pair of these (gotta protect my artists hands):

http://www.gripswell.com/Pistol_Glove_GS3.htm

:D :D :D

I suppose weight lifting gloves would work too, with all the padding and such.

·
Registered
878 Posts
An old pair of cycling gloves do the trick.

Reactions: william

·
Administrator
17,796 Posts
I sometimes use Driving Gloves, particularly with my AR15A2, or in Winter, other wise not.

·
Premium Member
13,046 Posts
Shooting Gloves?

I was curious if anyone here uses shooting gloves and if so which ones.

I am merging this thread into another "shooting gloves" thread that was resurrected after a 13 year death. DRE

·
Administrator
35,276 Posts
I've never messed with them. They may be comfortable, and I wouldn't put aside a chance to at least try them out, but I guess my mind keeps thinking that if I'm in a self defense situation, I won't have time to put on a pair of gloves. I'm not saying that's the right way to think about it, it's just the way I think about it.

·
8,528 Posts
I use Mossy Oak lightweight gloves for shooting in the cold. Tip; buy one size smaller than you normally wear. Cost about $10 at Walmart. Good gripping surface, but light enough to handle loading magazines.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I've messed with them. The best ones utilize vibration dampening material in the palm area to stave off carpal tunnel syndrome. I use industrial fingerless gloves meant for working with air chippers, impact hammers and the like. They can isolate the sting of recoil in a big way. No sense in beating yourself while up trying to work up your handloads.

Tons of gloves are out there. Here's a place you can start.

https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-anti-vibration-gloves

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've never messed with them. They may be comfortable, and I wouldn't put aside a chance to at least try them out, but I guess my mind keeps thinking that if I'm in a self defense situation, I won't have time to put on a pair of gloves. I'm not saying that's the right way to think about it, it's just the way I think about it.
I was just about to post something similar, now I don't have to. :cool:

I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing them, I just generally am shooting carry guns when I'm at the range so I don't want to wear gloves with them.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,937 Posts
Different gloves for different activities, motorcycles, horses, mechanical work, etc. I shoot with them all, you never know when you will find a snake. I may not have time to take them off.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Different strokes for different folks.. as I will never have the need for EDC and as a pianist and organist of absolutely no international standing, I use gloves fairly often. These are my choice, I think they cost me $20.00. Whenever we travel to the US there are two items that go into my case before anything else. 1. My Peltor Sporttak ear defenders. 2. Those gloves.

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
I keep a pair of Mechanix Wear shooting gloves in my range bag that I bought on Amazon. They do help me with certain pistols and they also help with preventing a sore trigger finger depending on how much you plan to shoot.

·
Super Moderator
36,013 Posts
I have never donned gloves to shoot, but often think that I should practice wearing my leather thinsulate lined gloves at the range to get the feel of shooting with them if I ever needed to deploy my handgun while out in the cold working or walking the dog. I shouldn't think it would be a problem, but then I really don't know because I've not tried it.

Reactions: Rotorflyr
1 - 20 of 63 Posts