Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I've used a pair of clear clip-ons. I don't remember if they were specifically made for shooting but they worked for me. They were plastic.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I guess I've never seen any, but there are the ones you can fit over your glasses like goggles...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys,
i would hate to have to ware goggles, was hopeing someone made clip-ons or flipup ones.
i will check out Ebay.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
You got my curiosity up. I did a google and a bunch of sites came up; this was one of them. Provides a little more info than ebay listing on fit which is important.

Clip on Sunglasses, Night Driving Clip-on sunglasses, Clip-ons I didn't check out any other sites for price and style comparison but this looked like an okay site with a lot of other options for glasses.

Here's a thread by shooters on clip ons...seems like some good info that may be relevant if you are a serious shooter. http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=283445&Messages=9

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks aphdmansoc, iam going to look around today again near home, but if i don`t find any, i will order from the site you found.
there`s a gun shop,about 18miles from me,that i didn`t even know was there. and he is moveing his shop, not to far from wear it is now, but it`s bigger, and he is going to have a shooting range indoors,
10 pistol stations and 3 rifle stations, should be open early april.

·
5,686 Posts
The only thing that concerns me about these clip on glasses, is they aren't truly safety glasses. If you attach those to your regular prescription glasses, you have no protection on the sides.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What guys used to do back when i was shooting alot, they cut small peace`s of just about anything, and make a small slit in it,
and slide it up the side of your glasses to give you side protection.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I tried shooting glasses... couldn't figure out where to load the cartridges....:cool:

Reactions: lundmrpike
1 - 11 of 11 Posts