Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been buying my bifocal shooting glasses online for around $12 and though I was doing pretty well.

I got dragged to Harbor Freight tonight and found a pair of bifocal safety glasses that meet the same Z87.1 specs for $3.99.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Lasik was the best money I've ever spent!

About 7 years ago I bought a pair of Oakley's, I still have them today and wear them in rotation with my other 5 pairs of Oakley's.

Once you buy quality glasses you'll never go back, I can promise you that! Bought my dad a pair for Father's Day a couple years back, and now that's all he wants for Christmas or Birthday is another pair or a new set of lenses.

Eyes are important boys and girls, don't skimp! z87.1 is the standard, anything less is a roll of the dice IMO.

OP I'm glad you found something that works for you as that is very important.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Bought Ducks Unlimited shooting glasses that comes with 4 various colored lenses and a clear one.Paid 45 bucks for them and very pleased.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have to wear safety glasses a lot at work. Found some DeWalt brand glasses at Lowes for 9 bucks a pair. Clear, Dark and Amber. I own all three. But the company paid the $27.00+tax. I also have all three colors in the form of Winchester Shooting glasses from Wallyworld also 9 bucks a pair. I ate that $27.00. Well actually more as I bought a pair for each mini me (2) and 2 pair for the wife.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Any good brands that do percription glasses at a good price? I'm blind without my glasses and the over the glasses ones are uncomfortable as he##

·
Registered
518 Posts
Anybody have my problem? If I don't use my prescription glasses, my focal point is the target since the sights blur. If I use my reading glasses my pocal point is the sights and I cover the target. I prefer the latter when shooting comp against my sons who use any advantage to beat the old man. I tell them, "You two brown bars ain't about to beat this NCO and I can't even see the target, lol!"

·
5,686 Posts
We have to wear saftey glasses at work, while I don't need readers (yet) and have contacts, I just wear the ones they provide. However Jack on the other hand, with all of his issues has had them all. His favorite is the stick in readers that you can put into ANY pair of glasses Optx 20/20 Stick-on Bifocals. You can find these on ebay and even at some walmarts. What he liked is that you can place them were you need them and not have to fight ones that are permanent. Since his eye surgeries, he now has prescription safety glasses that he got at our local eye doctors. We paid over $300. for them and they come with removable side shields so when he comes home from work he can remove those and they look like regular glasses.

·
Super Moderator
40,403 Posts
I have several pairs of safety glasses, and always carry extras in the car in case some one is with me and does not have any. I almost always end up using my regular sun glasses, never thought about the safety rating of them. I will have to look into it.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I wear normal glasses all the time, so i just keep my prescription up to date and buy high impact poly-carbon lenses. But i do keep a pair of safety glasses in my range bag just in case i have someone with me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts