Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
I'll never understand it. My heart goes out to the families.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
What is up with all these nut's out there ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
I guess that's why CA has those strick gun laws, you can't just run out get a gun to go shoot up the nears fast food joint....you can wait 2 weeks to better plan, I guess.

That's too bad, sorry to see this happen to anybody, specially those that risk their lives to make ours better!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
What a tragedy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
techo lust said:
I guess that's why CA has those strick gun laws, you can't just run out get a gun to go shoot up the nears fast food joint....you can wait 2 weeks to better plan, I guess.

That's too bad, sorry to see this happen to anybody, specially those that risk their lives to make ours better!
Doesn't every state have that? I thought it was a federal law.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,000 Posts
wow man, i dont get it.

this is just one more reason why people should carry.. 1 CCW'er could have ended his crazy ass before it got that bad.

really sad about the fire fighter especially, shot in the back.. so cowardly.

the he finishes him self off with a shot in the head.. these fools never get taken alive.

i heard on tv the anti's are rip roaring ready to go already talking about bans and stuff.. what ever.. you can't teach a old anti new tricks :/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,205 Posts
joe sixpack said:
wow man, i dont get it.

this is just one more reason why people should carry.. 1 CCW'er could have ended his crazy ass before it got that bad.

really sad about the fire fighter especially, shot in the back.. so cowardly.

the he finishes him self off with a shot in the head.. these fools never get taken alive.

i heard on tv the anti's are rip roaring ready to go already talking about bans and stuff.. what ever.. you can't teach a old anti new tricks :/
i agree 100%
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
techo lust said:
I guess that's why CA has those strick gun laws, you can't just run out get a gun to go shoot up the nears fast food joint....you can wait 2 weeks to better plan, I guess.

That's too bad, sorry to see this happen to anybody, specially those that risk their lives to make ours better!
The gun had the serial numbers filed off. It was purchased off the street. Just some 60year old guy that blew a gasket. Shame. I've done inventories right down the street from the place at the Ford dealer. Talked to them today. One of their service guys was at the drive thru about 5minutes before it happened. Of course the news had to show a bill board nearby with the ad for this weekends gun show. And the Mayor of West Palm Beach was at a conference that day on illegal guns, so she was on the news.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,737 Posts
taurusman said:
Doesn't every state have that? I thought it was a federal law.


In MN I can go to a gun store pick one out and walk out the door with. Handgun or longgun. I have my permit to purchase handguns and my ccw so I've undergone some background checks to make this possible. You can't buy a handgun legally in MN without a permit to purchase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
It is a tradgedy in many ways. For those who lost their lives and for their families who will have to deal with the loss. To those who witness this needless blood bath. and for the lack of an armed citizen that colud have ended this before it got out of hand. And the people of West Palm who will be forced to hear the anti's rant about gun control. I am truely sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
North Star said:
It is a tradgedy in many ways. For those who lost their lives and for their families who will have to deal with the loss. To those who witness this needless blood bath. and for the lack of an armed citizen that colud have ended this before it got out of hand. And the people of West Palm who will be forced to hear the anti's rant about gun control. I am truely sorry.
The Anti's don't get a lot of traction around here. Most people have what I like to call "An Enlightened Attitude" about guns and CCW in general. It's pretty accepted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
taurusman said:
Doesn't every state have that? I thought it was a federal law.
Not in Kentucky. You can (and I have) walked into the store, pick out your handgun or long gun, pass the background check, buy ammo, pay and leave with the gun. Did it just a couple of weeks ago actually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Doctor_Venkman said:
Not in Kentucky. You can (and I have) walked into the store, pick out your handgun or long gun, pass the background check, buy ammo, pay and leave with the gun. Did it just a couple of weeks ago actually.
Same goes for Virginia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Same in Pennsylvania. Look, Buy, background check, pay, say "thanks", then leave happy. Great system. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Ok, Im going to throw in my crazy conspiracy theory on this issue.

*Puts on tin foil hat*

Ever notice that these crazed gunman shootings mostly happen in election years?

As much as I don't want to be labeled as a conspiracy nutjob, I always wonder if these shootings are what is known as false flag operations carried out in order for the sheeple to beg for the government to protect them from the evil gun owners and take away our second amendment right.

Another thing Ive noticed is that usually the people committing these crimes are people that are on psychotropic drugs and have stopped taking them. I would have to say that this might very well be the case in this shooting.

Now with that said, why don't the anti-gunners ever point their fingers at big pharmacy with regards to their happy pills and the effects of suddenly going off their legalized drugs?

Of course, we all know the answer to that one. Anti-gun forces have the backing of the notoriously anti-gun AMA who has members of big pharma on their board of directors.

*takes off tin foil hat*

Sorry for the diversion into my conspiracy theories but if anyone cares to expound or criticize please feel free
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
People are under a lot of stress lately. Economically and socially. It almost as if society is pulling itself apart at the seams. Some people just crack up. I think it's more people, and more media reporting it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,043 Posts
Jkwas said:
People are under a lot of stress lately. Economically and socially. It almost as if society is pulling itself apart at the seams. Some people just crack up. I think it's more people, and more media reporting it.
Bingo!!!!

Humans have a certain threshhold for mental, economic,and physical anguish and once that is breached the person snaps. Most do not snap in the way this guy did. Some have extremely high tolerances for all sorts of abuse and others can't handle when the tuna fish on sale in their supermarket is sold out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
I think that these all these nuts are looking for their 15 minutes of fame. If the media would quit giving these nut jobs all the media coverage, they may think more about what they are doing.

The scary thing is I do not see much difference in our local nuts and these suicide bombers ect that we have been fighting overseas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I now live in Tulsa. But, I am originally from Long Island New York.
When I applied for a pistol permit in 1995, it took very close to six months
before I got that permit. I used to live in an area called Suffolk County,
on Long Island.

They didn't even allow you to have concealed carry there. But, once I
got that permit, I could go into any gun shop, & purchase a pistol, & take
it home the very same day. As strict as their laws were, & not even allowing
concealed carry, you could buy a gun & take it home in the same day.

With that permit, I could take my pistols to the shooting range (unloaded)
to do my target practice, then take them back home. But, if you went into a
gun shop & asked to look at a pistol, & you didn't have a pistol permit, the guy
wouldn't even open the case!

They would politely ask you to leave. I've seen it happen. Now, I am grateful
for moving to Tulsa, where I can carry! :D :D
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top