Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around here in Central North Carolina, many people used to start the New Year with a bang. At
the stroke of midnight, people would discharge their firearms to celebrate the beginning of the
New Year. I fired my Uberti Peacemaker to start the New Year in 2014 and I plan to do the same
thing to get 2015 started right. With the urbanization of my home county, this way of celebrating
is frowned upon by some people but I am fortunate enough to have some understanding neighbors.
They will probably set off some fireworks anyway, so they will be up. How many of you are going
to be shooting at 12:00 AM?

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
What go's up must come down....

I only shoot when I know where my bullet is going to stop

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Thankfully, we don't see that done much around where I live. There was one family that did it regularly, but the INS hauled them all off. I'll just save my ammo for the Gestapo.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
That tradition used to be popular in Texas too. You don't hear it so much anymore, even in rural areas. City cops didn't like it and a few people were arrested for breaking the ordinance about discharging a firearm within city limits. Me? I don't think I'll waste the ammo.

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
The only shooting here tonight will probably involve whiskey! :D :D :D

I'd like to be able to go out and shoot, but i live in a residential area.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
I'll be at work, so it's a no go for me.

·
10,379 Posts
If I'm still awake at midnight it means something has gone horribly, horribly, wrong with my day. I'm at work at 5AM, I doubt I'll see the bells ring 9PM:D

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Since I'll be having several alcoholic beverages, and firing "celebratory" gunshots are not allowed in my county, I'll be firing only fireworks. :)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I will be at work...

Now you have me wondering if we will get any gunshot wounds or firework injuries tonight... Oh Happy New Year! Lol

Creek

·
8,542 Posts
While I do not wish to be a party pooper - firearms used in a celebratory fashion are not what I would consider a worthwhile use of such a deadly device. Here in Houston I can hear between the hours of 11pm and 1am well over a thousand different firearms popping rounds into the air. It is so bad - that we do not go anywhere and stay inside behind the brick walls. So I have a somewhat personal bias against the practice. If I was lucky enough to be a country dweller ( I hope I will be soon ) I might feel differently. Of course that would require actually staying awake until midnight.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,956 Posts
I almost bought a black powder cannon for just such an occasion, but passed on it at the last minute. My less than cooperative neighbor would just call the cops anyway!

No shooting for me!
Cannon!

Now if I was going to fire something in celebration a cannon would be great.

Reactions: Dennis2477

·
Administrator
39,727 Posts
I'll be sleeping about that time. I expect it will be very quiet around here at midnight.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts