Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the range to shoot some skeet today for the 1st time after the knee replacement the weather was rainy I was happy with the way I shot my swing felt right for the 1st time in a long time. i would have shoot more but I broke a extractor on my old Winchester super x 1 skeet gun, before the replacement I had lots 80% of the range of motion in my right knee after 2 months I have around 115% of motion 120% is a normal knee. I plan on shooting some more on Wed if the weather clears

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Told ya! After all is healed up you'll be better than new!! Well done on the shooting also!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
went to the range to shoot some skeet today for the 1st time after the knee replacement the weather was rainy I was happy with the way I shot my swing felt right for the 1st time in a long time. i would have shoot more but I broke a extractor on my old Winchester super x 1 skeet gun, before the replacement I had lots 80% of the range of motion in my right knee after 2 months I have around 115% of motion 120% is a normal knee. I plan on shooting some more on Wed if the weather clears
I haven't done that is at least two years.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Told ya! After all is healed up you'll be better than new!! Well done on the shooting also!
I still have a long way to go to get back to a AA class skeet shooter If the weather is better I will use my main skeet gun a Krieghoff K80 Briley tube set

Reactions: chefduane

·
Registered
12,462 Posts
My pop has had both knees done and the only problem he has is getting in and out of the car. He's got hinge motion but no side to side.

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Nice to here you're doing better. I shoot real birds better than clays, but have done some country doubles and have always thought sporting clays might be fun. When we first moved up here there was a sporting clays range near me, but they musta folded since the sign isn't on the highway anymore. I procrastinated, my bad. I used to drive 100 miles from my old house to shoot IDPA just down the road from where I live now, but that range is closed. About all I've found around here is CAS and it just seems a little lame to dress up cowboy and call myself "Black Bart" or something. :rofl:

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I still have a long way to go to get back to a AA class skeet shooter If the weather is better I will use my main skeet gun a Krieghoff K80 Briley tube set
Charles Daly Miroku O/U.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Charles Daly Miroku O/U.
same factory as the Browning citori and if I remember correctly some parts interchange right no I am looking for a Winchester 101 diamond grade 4 barrel set

Reactions: chefduane

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
My only O/U is a CZ Redhead Delux in 20 gauge. It fits me perfectly, has perfectly regulated barrels, is wonderfully balanced, and brings me large bag limits. :D I didn't wanna pay any more for just bragging rights. :D

Clay shooters are Such snobs. :rofl: I have nobody to impress, but me. I have a Mossberg budget, after all.

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
I have to add, I understand the "need" for stuff like Krieghoff and such for competition. Racing motorcycles is not dissimilar, you can only finish as high as the machine lets you. Skill means a lot, but you need the hardware to maximize your finishes. :D

A guy in my old gun club shot competition, was good enough to compete for placement on the Olympic team one year, though he didn't make it. His dad ran "Smith Electric", an electrical contractor in Port Lavaca. They were the UPS drop off for a while. I was in there one day to ship a package UPS and he wanted to know if I wanted to buy a Krieghoff trap gun, a single shot gun for an unreal price that I can't recall. It was not the kind of shotgun a duck hunter needs and I passed. :rofl:

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to add, I understand the "need" for stuff like Krieghoff and such for competition. Racing motorcycles is not dissimilar, you can only finish as high as the machine lets you. Skill means a lot, but you need the hardware to maximize your finishes. :D

A guy in my old gun club shot competition, was good enough to compete for placement on the Olympic team one year, though he didn't make it. His dad ran "Smith Electric", an electrical contractor in Port Lavaca. They were the UPS drop off for a while. I was in there one day to ship a package UPS and he wanted to know if I wanted to buy a Krieghoff trap gun, a single shot gun for an unreal price that I can't recall. It was not the kind of shotgun a duck hunter needs and I passed. :rofl:
when I was younger I shot on the USN skeet team at that time I was shooting 15,000 plus targets a year. we had a shooter shot shot a Ruger red label and in 2 years ruger said the gun was worn out and not repairable I started with a Remington 3200 and only switched because parts became hard to find. I don't shoot enough to justify the K80 many more and have thought about selling it but the wife said to keep it because I hope to shoot more after I retire

·
Registered
468 Posts
Sounds great! Wish I could do the same right now but with snow already on the ground and 9 more inches +/- on the way it'll be a long time before I get out. Also I wish I had a fancy shooting iron like y'all but I just shoot what I hunt with, a benelli nova pump. I don't compete except on small contests and fun rounds but I would say on average I shoot 85%-90%.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
All clay shooters are not snobs or rich or shoot expensive guns. Myself and others own and shoot some cheap shotguns. I own some expensive guns, some with custom work. My favorite guns are Russian and Chinese doubles and over/unders. The external hammer Chinese doubles get shot almost every time I go. The Chinese are 20 gauge coach guns, I back bored barrels on one of them. They were cheapest external hammer guns I could find when I bought them. Friend shoots his old 870 Remington. There are some very expensive guns but that doesn't make the owners snobs. After Sekol and John started shooting clays made me think about shooting clays again. Went with a friend shot a round and joined, been shooting often as I have time. Clays show you how much you have slowed down. That reflexes are not as quick as when a young man. I shoot for fun, enjoy shooting a few rounds.

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
when I was younger I shot on the USN skeet team at that time I was shooting 15,000 plus targets a year. we had a shooter shot shot a Ruger red label and in 2 years ruger said the gun was worn out and not repairable I started with a Remington 3200 and only switched because parts became hard to find. I don't shoot enough to justify the K80 many more and have thought about selling it but the wife said to keep it because I hope to shoot more after I retire
Good point. Serious clay shooters have told me this, that they'd wear a normal Remchester out in half a year as much as they shoot. Heck, hang the hardware, I couldn't afford their ammo bill nor would I wanna handload that many rounds. :eek: But, everyone has their "thing". Glad you can get out now and pop a few caps now.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good point. Serious clay shooters have told me this, that they'd wear a normal Remchester out in half a year as much as they shoot. Heck, hang the hardware, I couldn't afford their ammo bill nor would I wanna handload that many rounds. :eek: But, everyone has their "thing". Glad you can get out now and pop a few caps now.
I have 4 MEC 9000G progressive shotshell loaders 1 in each 12,20 28 1nd 410 they can load 400-500 shells a hour (I don't load 20 or 12 anymore as I can buy them cheaper than loading them) I shoot some of my 12 ga with either my Remington 1100 or my Winchester super x1 I used to carry a complete extra bolt and trigger assy for the Remington I broke the extractor on the super x1 Sunday ordered the parts yesterday

1 - 16 of 16 Posts