Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about using a lawn sweeper to pick up brass on a grass covered range.

Since I don't own a lawn sweeper I will have to rent one, but that's cheaper than buying one.

What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
19,746 Posts
As long as it doesn't use a rotating blade to suck 'em up.

Reactions: william

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I have one that pulls behind my mower. I tried that on my range and it didn't work. Picked up everything but the brass.

·
14,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
I've seen folks use the Garden Weasel style ones for pecans. Don't see why it wouldn't work for brass.

Reactions: william

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Can't help you this time around, but going forward, lay down some netting with holes small enough to catch brass so you can just pull it all in for collection next time.

·
14,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I personally use a tarp, but I'm looking at a 100 yard, range with an 80 ft. target line. And I only get out there once or twice a week.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
The one on the Dillon site works unless grass is deep. Over the years several versions have been made. The ones for most pecans are spaced too wide for handgun brass.

·
Registered
36,319 Posts
I am thinking about using a lawn sweeper to pick up brass on a grass covered range.
Since I don't own a lawn sweeper I will have to rent one, but that's cheaper than buying one.
What do you think?
Look up ammobroom.com
works like a charm.
its very similiar to the garden weasel but closer tines for the cases.
Also comes with an attachment to hang on a 5 gallon paint pail and you don't have to bend over to empty it into the bucket.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
The pecan picker tines are too widely spaced. They make one with closer tines for spent cases at about double or more the price. The net deals on a camera tripod work well if you have a consistent ejection pattern.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'll have to check the one we have at the range, thought it was your standard pecan picker but it could have been the ammobroom.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Revolver .... Problem solved! Thank you and good night! :icon_ peace:

Reactions: glenwolde
1 - 20 of 27 Posts