1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
539 Posts
Good read Sgt; and since I live in Texas it was also pertinent to me, hell even the one story happened in Dallas. I love the line "If someone is breaking into your home, it's obvious that they are not there to have dinner with you," she continued. "You do have a right to protect your belongings, your family and yourself." I have no freakin' clue how this lady, Sally Slovenski, can even begin to claim that a law like this is 'lunacy'. Let somebody walk up into her house in the middle of the night and let's see what she plans to do; serve them ham on rye? I don't think so.... geez..

·
Registered
212 Posts
She will try to sit down over coffee & explain to the perpetrator why he should melt down his gun. Then, she'll break out the scones and enter into a political debate about crime and how it negatively impacts his psychological health and the future development of the neighborhood. She will use reason, logic, social dogma, and her keen insight to fight the crime. He, well, he'll shoot her. For the final second of her life, she will become pro-gun.

Okay, so the above is morbid. It seems that her idea of personal defense is for us law abiding citizens to get rid of our firearms and use the money to buy body armor. Laws only affect the law abiding. The criminals will do as they please.....regardless of what the law says.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Baker's parrot that gave the alarm when it innocently squawked "good morning" at the intruder.
.. :eek: ;D

Dang It..  LOL..way too funny..bet he did not expect that..He He :D

Excellent article ...Sgt
Wonder if Arizona has that law,do you now how to check,by chance

Let somebody walk up into her house in the middle of the night and let's see what she plans to do; serve them ham on rye?  I don't think so.... geez..
......lol

Yet how many people here in America think that way.... :bang:
It is so easy to be sued anymore for stupid things,
Finally someone used some comman sense on a law ..who would have thunk that :p
BTW..i am getting rid of the poodle and getting a parrot :D

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Excellent article ...Stg
Wonder if Arizona has that law,do you now how to check,by chance

When I saw this, I remembered that the NRA site has a state by state law page, where AZ would be listed and the laws found.

I remember reading that Kentucky has the "Castle Law", but that includes any area of your property, house, Yard, Field, or even Vehicle, where if you are endangered, you have the right to defend "compared to attack"!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am glad to see state governments finally passing some common sense shooting laws.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love the lady who said in OTHER COUNTRIES this would be considered a lunacy. Sure in some contries but in some contries they dont have food or clean water and eating a thanksgving dinner is lunacy but i have a feeling she isnt giving up thanksgiving.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
lol, people who are against deadly force in protecting your home are the ones that are crazy.

im not saying you should be gun ho and blow everyone away.. for example i've heard of drunk people confusingly break into a house they though was theres.. or some punk kid who broke in on a dare or something..

every situation is different but bottom line if somone breaks in you should beable to defend yourself without wondering if you'll spend the rest of your life in prison or having the robber sue you for everything you got.

anyone who would suggest defending your home is unreasonable has never been in a situation where they might need a gun.. i'd hate to tell them this, but if that day ever comes they would probably at that moment trade everything they have for a gun.. but it'll be to late once someones already inside with unknown intentions.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Missouri has the Castle Law. I heard that more states are soon to follow.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Last I heard, there were at least 19 with definite castle laws of some sort. Others were considering different versions.

Of course if you live in one of the area's where it is not allowed (and you should know who you are), keep your lawyers phone # in your wallet, because even a taser will get you sued, or jailed.

Heck even the knife I carry is not legal until I get the CCW.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Yes, Arizona has the Castle Doctrine.

SgtKnuckles----you NEVER, EVER shoot to kill---you shoot to stop the threat. Tell the jury that you shot that intruder to kill him and you'll be kissing iron bars for a very long time. ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
Yes, Arizona has the Castle Doctrine.

SgtKnuckles----you NEVER, EVER shoot to kill---you shoot to stop the threat. Tell the jury that you shot that intruder to kill him and you'll be kissing iron bars for a very long time. ;)
Kissing iron bars may be the best part of his future. He may be kissing something else while taking a nice long, hot, shower with Bubba.

·
Registered
846 Posts
NYPD is 100% RIGHT !!!!!!! You never shoot to kill if it happens that is another story, if you hit in the head, you shot in self defence, it just hit there, etc. In Tx. since Sept.1st and the Castle they Cannot Sue YOU unless you are indited as a law breaker of this law PERIOD!!! As of this time they have not done this to anyone defending their home or property. They even have the fresh pursuit law here now.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Texas rocks! I live this state. Just like TX Shooter said, we do have the Castle Doctrine, went into effect Sept 1 of this year.

NYPD and TX again, have a very valid point. You never EVER shoot to kill, you shoot to stop. If it takes 11 shots to stop then, then it takes 11 shots, albiet may be considered excessive, but it still took that many to stop the threat, rather than to kill the threat.

As for the rest .. I have nothing to say, you all elaborated on what a nut job that lunacy shic is just fine!

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Flyer said:
Texas rocks! I live this state. Just like TX Shooter said, we do have the Castle Doctrine, went into effect Sept 1 of this year.

NYPD and TX again, have a very valid point. You never EVER shoot to kill, you shoot to stop. If it takes 11 shots to stop then, then it takes 11 shots, albiet may be considered excessive, but it still took that many to stop the threat, rather than to kill the threat.

As for the rest .. I have nothing to say, you all elaborated on what a nut job that lunacy shic is just fine!
Ok, I use all 12, reach for the 45 and do 5 more!! Was I trying to kill the guy. Or like in texas, "They even have the fresh pursuit law here now." chase him til I catch him!!

Just kidding, but what the heck is the Fresh Pursuit Law???

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I believe that is such that you can chase him runing down th street so long as he has your belongings in his possesion. Let's let someone clarify that one though. I'm not certain there.

·
Administrator
39,941 Posts
Loosely, that is correct. But would you really want to shoot a guy running away, over a TV or something, that is no longer a threat? :???:

And the Castle doctrine as written in Texas allows a person to defend him or herself anywhere they have a lawful right to be. "Shoot first" law was a term used by the antis when they were trying to stop passage.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I am too old to chase them off the property, if they can still walk after I shoot, I will let the sheriff's deputies do the chasing

I live in the hope, that the only thing I ever have to shoot is cardboard, and cans.

But in todays world, with criminal minds, terrorists, and drunken fools, I am mentally prepared to defend my home and property with all the force at my disposal.

With alarms on the front gate of my property, and household alarms to give me warning "hopefully I will be able to warn them off, without doing bodily harm". I seldom go anywhere on the property without one of my handguns close by, or on my person. Off the property until I get CCW, I make sure to meet state law but still one more more are with me to protect ME, MY PROPERTY, AND FAMILY!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts