Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In one of my early threads, you suggested that I polish the feed ramp on my TCP 738. I decided to give this a shot, because the Blazer Brass FMJ's that I was using with the aluminum cases, sometimes would snag on the feed ramp. Using what I had, I used a polishing stone "bit" from a dremel tool and a cotton polishing bit, "by hand" and "very lightly" going over the feed ramp. I noticed that where the the feed ramp curves up from the bottom made some of the ammo cases snag just enough before going into battery.

After doing all of that again being very careful not to modify the feed ramp shape.. MAN what a difference! There is no snagging, and the whole rack you actually "feel" the difference... even manually racking the slide vice using the slide release button on the side. The pistol likes all kinds of ammo now. :D

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I don't know what a gun feels like with out a fluff n buff! New guns get cleaned and tweaked as sop.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know what a gun feels like with out a fluff n buff! New guns get cleaned and tweaked as sop.
Roger that on the sop on cleaning a new gun, I do that also.. but I really have not had the need to buff the feed ramp on my other pistols.
The difference however with my TCP 738 is awesome!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Roger that on the sop on cleaning a new gun, I do that also.. but I really have not had the need to buff the feed ramp on my other pistols.
The difference however with my TCP 738 is awesome!
I do feed ramps, trigger parts, mag followers, etc etc. If it moves or rubs it gets some love.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Reactions: HappyTom

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
You are welcome! :thumb: This board is the best gun forum I've been on. Most of the rest are full of mean people trying to prove something.

Glad it's working well. :icon_ rocker:

Same thing here. Except we aren't mean and the "something" being proved is how helpful everyone can be.

So yeah, it's just like other forums ... only nice and helpful!

·
Registered
187 Posts
You'll find that the more compact the gun, the more small differences make. One the smaller guns there is just not much room for error. My $.02 :D

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Glad it made a difference for you.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I use jeweler's rouge or mother's mag and aluminum polish and a $10 dremel from Harbor Freight after some 1000-1500 grit sandpaper.

The dremel isn't up to much more than polishing or sanding off dog's claws, but it works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts