Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I'm not going to suggest they cover shipping on warranty work after a year. But I am going to suggest they provide it as a service they charge for. You know they get better freight prices than we do, and the call tags are more convenient as you don't have to go through the whole "OH MY GOD IT'S A GUN!!" at the UPS store. I bet they could provide it, reduce customer's shipping cost, and even make a little money off it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Well when I had to send my PT-845 back after 2 weeks, it cost me $96.00 which I thought they should have paid. After I read that most people they sent Fed Ex to pick up their guns for free.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well when I had to send my PT-845 back after 2 weeks, it cost me $96.00 which I thought they should have paid. After I read that most people they sent Fed Ex to pick up their guns for free.
I've heard they don't seem to offer it much, you kind of have to ask. That's not right either.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I agree on the shipping but Fedx in this area sucks. They have totally lost ALL business from me. Out of the last dozen things shipped to me that Fedx handled they have a100% screw up rate. Now if Fedx is the only way a company ships I cancel the order.

·
Super Moderator
36,385 Posts
No, I'm not going to suggest they cover shipping on warranty work after a year. But I am going to suggest they provide it as a service they charge for. You know they get better freight prices than we do, and the call tags are more convenient as you don't have to go through the whole "OH MY GOD IT'S A GUN!!" at the UPS store. I bet they could provide it, reduce customer's shipping cost, and even make a little money off it.
Or perhaps offer a kind of extended warranty which would cover shipping for life for the original owner. It would encourage buyers to register their firearms with the company, relieve any additional worry about hearing a friend of a friend's trouble with Taurus, bring back former owners who bought one and had an issue and wrote off the brand and provide additional value added service after the sale. The 50.00 or so that they could charge would be bottom line dollars for them because they would only have to pay off on 2-3% of the "insurance policies" that they would sell. A purchaser would easily pay 50.00 as that is about the cost of sending it back once after the first year's ownership is over.

Reactions: glenwolde

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree on the shipping but Fedx in this area sucks. They have totally lost ALL business from me. Out of the last dozen things shipped to me that Fedx handled they have a100% screw up rate. Now if Fedx is the only way a company ships I cancel the order.
You would of course be free to use your own method. I'm not wild about FedEx either.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I've heard they don't seem to offer it much, you kind of have to ask. That's not right either.
Smith & Wesson makes it so free and easy. Fed Ex came the next day for free. Impressive!

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or perhaps offer a kind of extended warranty which would cover shipping for life for the original owner. It would encourage buyers to register their firearms with the company, relieve any additional worry about hearing a friend of a friend's trouble with Taurus, bring back former owners who bought one and had an issue and wrote off the brand and provide additional value added service after the sale. The 50.00 or so that they could charge would be bottom line dollars for them because they would only have to pay off on 2-3% of the "insurance policies" that they would sell. A purchaser would easily pay 50.00 as that is about the cost of sending it back once after the first year's ownership is over.
I like that idea. To be honest, if my PT609 breaks I'm pretty certain I'd scrap it, as the freight back and forth wouldn't be worth it. I'd end up buying another gun. The question Taurus has to ask themselves is will I replace it with another Taurus. Maybe. Maybe not.

The dirty little secret is the warranty isn't that great a benefit on economy pistols. Paying $100 or more in shipping (do they charge you to ship it back to you?) on a sub-$300 gun isn't very practical.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Best thing is to box the GUN before you take it to the FED EX center and claim its accessories, if they ask. You will have the ins and the tracking number just the same. But, Walk in with the Taurus box. And they are like OMG it's a gun, it has to go SPECIAL that will be $65.
I don't know at what point I would just say the hell with it and gall it a parts gun. I have a few non Taurus parts guns laying around here, they are the guns I will surrender when the Gestapo starting picking up guns!!!!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I apologize for ranting on Fedx. I'm sure Fedx is great in some areas, they have to be doing something right somewhere to still be in business.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts