Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious what its cost some of you to ship your pistols back to taurus. i have a 617 that needs some attention and am wanting to see what i am gonna have to put out.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I think I spent about $45 overnight UPS from Montana.

edit: I looked at the receipt, it was 55

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, ok i shipped mine today from Kentucky to Miami and it was 16.95. and that included delivery confirmation and $500 dollars in insurance.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
fords4life said:
ok, ok i shipped mine today from Kentucky to Miami and it was 16.95. and that included delivery confirmation and $500 dollars in insurance.
Did you ship through your FFL holder?

·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope US post office in a flat rate box plus insurance and delivery confimation

·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
Dude - I really don't think you're allowed to ship a firearm....maybe I'm wrong, but I think you're supposed to go to a FFL dealer and have them ship it....thats why it usually costs more money to do it. Again, I may be wrong, but you may have just become a felon......

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
fords4life said:
nope US post office in a flat rate box plus insurance and delivery confimation
The problem that some people have had that shipped by US Mail, was someone at Taurus would not sign for it, and post office held it and would not redeliver until someone from Taurus asked for a redelivery.
Not sure about the legal anymore or not but I would be afraid to ship that way!!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Robby said:
The problem that some people have had that shipped by US Mail, was someone at Taurus would not sign for it, and post office held it and would not redeliver until someone from Taurus asked for a redelivery.
Not sure about the legal anymore or not but I would be afraid to ship that way!!
I think you are right.someone here had that same problem.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I have already talked to the local gun shop owner, he will ship for me any of my Taurus/Rossi guns, but I pay his shipping costs which are way below what they charge me!! I just have to wait for it to get back to him, (which it seems like it takes longer for dealer returned guns)!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
I won't get into that.
BUT, the PT745 is back and the problem is fixed. Went to the range and it shoots
great. Probably still gonna sell it.

fords4life, I hope you didn't ship through the USPS. If you did, read the shipping laws before you do it again. Might save you 10-20.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i did and prolly won't do it again. taurus received it friday fine and dandy.

thunderjohn...how long did it take you to get yours back?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I think the whole thing took almost 3 months. My dealer got it back about 3 weeks after they said it was repaired.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It is O.K. with USPS supposedly Disassembled for repair. HOWEVER Taurus discourages using Postal Service, and I can attest to that. Cost was only about $15.00 and using track and confirm. Mailed from Ohio the 9th of may. Carrier said he "attempted" (left notice) May 12th. No such luck. Taurus said had not received. Many calls to Customer service USPS did no good. they said Taurus had to request delivery. Ask me If I wanted shipped back H_ _ _ no I wanted it delivered. Finally a CS gent (Rob) at Taurus called me and said he had located the gun,and asked for redelivery. I received a letter from Taurus dated the 19th may stating they had the gun and it would take 6 to 7 weeks to "process? Federal express wanted $52.00 for a 3 Lb package. But I will not use PO again even if I am a retired Postmaster(or is that retarded?)

·
Registered
134 Posts
FedEX charged me for overnight ship for 2 guns that needed repairs done to them $59.00 one way. And since I am on a small disablity check I called C/S and they [Taurus] paid shipp round trip.richGP100z,Omaha,Ne.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good for you richgp100z !! Taurus people have been good to me. But I have paid myself sofar. I have not checked UPS lately.

uneasy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts