1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Nectar of the Gods.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
One of the finer points of living in Texas!! :thumb: I'm glad you had an opportunity to try some! :)

Reactions: ozzy and Texheim

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Old Leghumper, it just don't get any better.... Beer 002.jpg

·
Registered
14,798 Posts
always gotta have someone with the " well, our beer is better than yours". If you like your microbrews, good for you, that just means more Shiner's for the rest of us.

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
Some are more blessed than others, you're no longer an "other"

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Shiner... never heard of it! :D :D :D :p :p

Reactions: ozzy

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
always gotta have someone with the " well, our beer is better than yours". If you like your microbrews, good for you, that just means more Shiner's for the rest of us.
Well in this neck of the north woods I can buy Moose Drool, Old Leghumper and even Coors but there is no Shiner's available so I reckon we have to make due with what we have available. Not sayin it's better than your Shiner's but it is a damn tasty brew so I reckon I will open carry while ice fishin today, catch a few nice walleye for supper then later knock back a couple....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah, it's a good beer. Been drinking it since I went to an Army school in San Antonio. Shiner Black is good too.
When I was at Ft Sam Houston in 83, I visited the Lonestar brewery nearly every Saturday morning, for the free samples. Planning to visit Fort Worth and San Antonio in April. I was a little disappointed that the Lonestar brewery no longer exists in town. I was going to visit it for nostalgia sake. Since I can't get Shiner here in Pa. Have been looking forward to trying when I go to Billy Bob's. My wife and I have rodeo tickets and tickets to see Terry Clark on Saturday @ Billy Bob's. Should be quote a crowd since it is also race weekend @ Texas Speedway.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
#otay

Attachments

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
In 76 when I was picking up a keg of Shiner for my wedding party from the distributor in Houston they offered to let me buy 2 cases of Shiner Bock. Back then they only brewed it every 2 years. In the Houston area at that time you couldn't buy it except when you bought a keg of what they now call Shiner Blonde and even then only for a very short time. When a new generation took over the business they went full bore with the bock. It used to be more like Guiness Stout, thicker and darker. Shiner Blonde has always been my favorite beer but they only sell the Bock and their new fancy beers here in Hattiesburg. I would appreciate if some of you Texans would sip a few Blondes for me.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
doug82 - we get our Shiner Bock from a keg & case shop in Shrewsbury, PA! Being that in PA there are beer distributors and then state liquor stores, I know it's not always easy to find something you're looking for but you csn get Shiner and many of their varieties in PA. Keep looking, it's worth it! :)

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ahh.... been drinking Shiner since I was too young to drink. For many Texans, it is the de-facto stock beer of any refrigerator.

If you get a chance to try the "Shiner black", do so.... really nice as well. Not as much into the Blonde.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Shiner Bock goes good with Hooter's Hot Wings.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts