·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yes it's a keeper for sure.(y)(y)

Reactions: YOT

·
Super Moderator
36,490 Posts
Very nice purchase! That's one of the firearms that I think fit in the thread of the "last gun that you would take" for TEOTWAWKI.

Reactions: YOT and Zack856

·
Registered
903 Posts
Too bad Ruger doesn't make a big bore version like its grandad. PC-9's are a solid buy to be sure.

·
Registered
27,453 Posts
Even Otter has never said that to me... OTOH, she's never had to. :)

I've got a similar carbine. I put the Vortex SPARC on it, and it shoots amazingly well. Even with my antique eyes I am able to hold tight groups at any reasonable range.

Enjoy the gun, and hug the wife... or is it the other way around??

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
She must be a real Sweetheart, I bet the new Ruger is pretty nice also.

Congratulations on both!!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nice, both the gun and the wife!
Post a range report when ya get to shoot it!
Thanks. Because of my astigmatism I replaced the red dot with an old Simmons Deerfield 2.5 power fixed crosshair scope that I had in storage. I see the illuminated dot as an oval and it drives me nuts. 147gr HPs drop fast beyond 50 yards, but the 125 gr. bullets in the picture give me about 3 MOA 10 shot groups at 100 yards. I'm very pleased with that for a 9mm carbine. Round count is at 120 right now and the way ammo and components prices have skyrocketed I'm being stingy. I was fortunate enough to score a thousand Berry's Preferred Plated 9mm 115 gr RN at the first of the year. I haven't shot enough of them to let you know, yet.

Don't make me guess... What is it? Make model specs on that takedown?
It's a NY Compliant Ruger PC Carbine in 9MM model 19101. The stock end is 20 3/4" and the barrel end is 16 1/4" when taken down. With the butt spacers (adjustable) as I have it set up it's 35 3/8" overall.

Reactions: LibertyKeeper

·
Registered
246 Posts
Always a stunner when getting a new gun is the DW's idea. You picked two winners.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts