Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Customer, young guy, comes into my store.

Me - How was Christmas?

Him - It was amazing. My girlfriend gave me a 300BO AR for Christmas.

Me- So you got down on your knee and immediately asked her to marry you, right? Cause she's a keeper.

He cracked up. He's asking her next month on her birthday. I told him not to wait too long cause someone is going to steal her away. LOL

·
22,952 Posts
Nice.

I still tell my wife she should marry me. Just want to keep my lifelong intentions clear. ;D She enjoyes hearing it.

·
Registered
17,234 Posts
He's a lucky guy.
Before we were married, back in1973 my wife bought
a Browning Hi-Power in 9mm for me.
Just out of the blue for no reason.
46 years later we're still happy as heck.
Although I'm afraid to get rid of her.
She'll come back and haunt me and she knows all my hiding places.

Reactions: Cariwine

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
My wife has bought me a few, but only after intense coaching (buy THIS one off the used rack NOW). She does good though, AR parts, AR lower, Smith 31, Ruger Single Six, pt99, Smith 10...
im pushing for a Ruger 22 Auto pistol of some flavor but haven’t ran across the right deal yet.

i hope for his sake she has better cooking skills than taste in calibers... 300blk doesn’t interest me though.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
The one and only gun that my wife ever bought me was for our first Christmas in the States in 1985. She knew that I liked to go bird hunting and she gave me a 12-gauge Browning Citori O/U. Beautiful gun. I still have it … and the wife too. Sometimes you just get things right.

·
Registered
14,821 Posts
My wife was from an anti-gun family.

It took some work to bring her to my way of thinking, well, and a man following her to her car one night after she got off work helped a lot too.

But, if he has found someone right off the bat that supports his addiction, by all means he should make her his!

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
15,145 Posts
My wife has never bought me a firearm. She's told me I could buy several of them however and gets all giddy if I buy her one so she's a keeper too. She does however find Ammo and buys it if it's something I'm looking for.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
My wife was from an anti-gun family. 3 months in we had an, uh, incident. She insisted on taking me to the Rod and Gun Club where we picked out handguns and rifles, a pair of S&W 59's and a pair of AR's. We were in Germany and she insisted we be able to fight our way back the kasern (base) in the event of attack.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Back in 1986 my wife bought me a Marlin 336CS with a custom leather sling. Were got married 5 months later in May of 1987. She's been my wife for 31 years, she's bought me numerous guns since.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I'd hold out for a second firearm before proposing...

My rationale is that any woman can buy her boyfriend a firearm, (no matter how rare of an occurrence it may be) but buying her man 2 firearms shows true love/commitment, and immediately awarding a gift (no matter how grand it may be) with a marriage proposal sends the message that you can essentially be bought, which breeds the awful habit many women share in which a gift is never truly a gift because they expect gifts/favors of greater value in return.
In addition, any woman who would cut and run just because some other Joe Shmoe came along proposing marriage isn't worth a proposal to begin with since apparently anybody would do. ;)

Ah, but then again, I'm celibate, so what do I know?

Besides everything? ;)

Reactions: Rotorflyr

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
You are right Cariwine....

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
My wife was never a gun fan (pistols anyway) she finally came around and was OK with me carrying. We were married for a little over 60 years, she was also a keeper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts