Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up today NIB .. I cleaned it up ... Hopefully I will be able to get to the range this weekend ( if i get over this ear/sinus infection) !

I like to overall size ... Small package for a 40 S&W ...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Cool - can't wit to hear the report on how you like it

·
Administrator
40,280 Posts
You'll love the accuracy and handling. I love mine! :thumb:

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
Congrats!
the Shield has always fit my hand and shooting style very well, Not CZ well but still a good fit for me personally.
enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
40,640 Posts
Congrats, looking forward to a range report and pictures when the forum is fixed.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Congrats! Great caliber choice also.

·
Premium Member
13,417 Posts
Congrats on a great little pistol! For me it was a toss up between the Shield and the XD-S, so I bought both and it was the best decision.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I punched a few holes in a paper plate today... In the back yard ... pissed off the neighbors ,again... I used Winchester 180gr FMJ ..It is a snappy little beast , but no problem holding on target ....

Recoil is similar to 124gr +P from my PT 709 ...

I'm going to carry Federal 180gr HST for SD .... But I need to run at least 100 more rounds of 180gr FMJ for break in.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I punched a few holes in a paper plate today... In the back yard ... pissed off the neighbors ,again... I used Winchester 180gr FMJ ..It is a snappy little beast , but no problem holding on target ....

Recoil is similar to 124gr +P from my PT 709 ...

I'm going to carry Federal 180gr HST for SD .... But I need to run at least 100 more rounds of 180gr FMJ for break in.

I have the Shield in 9mm. I love that gun. I wondered how snappy the .40 would be and now I know. Thanks. That's a good choice in SD ammo too.

·
Administrator
40,280 Posts
So. What holster are you planning on using? Inquiring minds want to know.:D

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a cheapo Bulldog Case ... its a leather slide .. I use it for PT111 , PT709, XDS45 & XDS9 now the Shield...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts