Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 15 year old will see figures from time to time. She says they are definitely in the form of people, dark in color, but with indistinguishable features. They are not transparent. She began seeing them just before her mothers death.

My dad who has an illness that will ultimately be terminal has also began seeing shadow people. He believes them to be guardian angels.

Neither of them feel intimidated by the experience.

I have heard stories of this before, of course. Just never personally have known anyone who claims to have seen them. Anybody here had this experience?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
It is really not that uncommon, but most people that have seldom talk about it in public. Too many that make fun of, or have some derogatory remark. It is not a weird or spooky thing usually when in relation to death. People often see friends or family that has gone on before.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
As long as they are not threatening.They may be lost souls or in fact angels.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
If one seriously looks at Man's history on the earth one will see that, for most of it, there were far more things that were unexplained than there were things that were explained. As we have come to answers about many of our questions we have become, as a race, a bit smug about our ability to explain everything and outright dismissive of that we cannot.

It is wise to remember how much we couldn't explain, not that long ago in our history, and not take the easy and smug route today.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
If they don't feel in danger or intimidated by them then that's good. The second you feel intimidated or distressed is when you might have some issues.

I won't get into a discussion on whether some shows are real or fake, but I do watch one regularly and I believe that the ghost hunters (I dont actually watch the show titled Ghost Hunters) are not out faking things, and they catch stuff that can't be explained easily. That being said, I definitely wont dismiss what you're saying your father and daughter are saying they are seeing.

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
I saw one of the dark ones once. Bout 5 feet tall solid black with fuzzy edges. Scared me half to death. It was standing by my bed. I yelled and went for my gun only to have it disappear right before my eyes.
I've seen white shaped ghost things too. I've felt them many times too. Old places have more ghosts. That's why I like living in America. Not as many ghosts as the rest of the world.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
If you are a spiritual person or family, I would ask a friend or relative whose confidence you trust to do a cleansing of your home. The folks I generally associate with generally use a shofar and anointing oil on all the openings (doors and windows) of the dwelling.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
In my other house I saw a few times the exact same described apparitions or whatever they were. Three of them the size of children perhaps between the ages of 6-10. Where I lived pretty much everyone had their little 5 acres of happiness. I was traveling alot then for our dear government. One day I met the neighbor lady. She got to talking and the conversation led to her telling the wife and me about pretty much the same deal. They drove her crazy singing something she could never decipher. She says one day she just exploded screaming at cussing at them to leave. Said she never saw them again. I'm thinking to myself, WT#? Found out through a local historian that a bunch of Confederate soldiers got their tails whipped right there where all our houses were and that right in there somewhere was an indian burial ground which had been kept on the q for land development reasons. Anyhow, I saw them 4-5 times over the 8 years we had the house. Keep in mind I was home probably 60% or so of that time frame. Each time I saw them was for perhaps 1-2 solid seconds. To the best of my knowledge my wife and daughter never saw them and I never mentioned them. They would have totally lost it. They don't know to this day unless they saw them and never told me. Don't think so. Pretty interesting. Oh yeah, I recall on 2 of those occasions our Rottweiler awoke and immediately did a real low but audible growl looking directly at the correct location. At other times he would do that but I wouldn't see anything. Don't know if he saw or sensed on any of those episodes. Never more than 10 feet away. Freaky.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Never seen anything like that myself, but I certainly am not arrogant enough to rule it out or make fun of/criticize those who say they have.

Reactions: 91 whiskey

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
The mind is a wonderful thing, which is not completely understood, but is capable of much. Real or not real? That question can only be answered by each individual base on his or her own knowledge and beliefs. You can only hope, what you believe, will be the truth in the end. ........I.W.S.Y.O.T.O.S.!!!! Maybe!

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Read "John Dies at the End". You'll never look at the shadows the same again....and you'll possibly laugh out loud at really strange times afterward!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Well... Many years ago shortly after highschool I was living on my own working a typical 9 to 5. I started seeing people and animals that werent there just shadows. I started hearing a lot of voices and whispering around me even when I knew I was alone. It wasnt anything i could really understand but I often heard my name in those whispers. Started missing time... Ending up in strange places with no idea how I got there. I ended up having a nervous breakdown of some sort. That meant good by job hello doctors. They tell me im just prone to auditory and visual hallucinations. It continues to this day I see some pretty strange stuff. For the most part I just live with it. Obviously if im alone and theres three other people with me or a 50 foot badger im pretty sure somethings not quite right lol

I guess that might not help your situation idk ? Ummmm im told by the so called professionals that its common. It can be triggered by just about anything, genetic pre disposition, stress. Im also a tad superstitious so I cant rule that out. One thing im pretty sure of is shadows cant really hurt you unless you let them.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I suppose I have seen them myself. Mostly at night time, occasionally during the day.

But I never felt or sensed anything malevolent abot them.

Funny thing is, I have seen them better in the dark than in the light. I see them where I shouldn't be able to as it couldn't be a shadow based on any existing lighting that could have caused it. Meaning the lighting was in the wrong direction and shadows don't tend to move when nothing else is moving either.

·
Super Moderator
21,452 Posts
I have seen and done some things that can't be explained in my life. Some of it has been witnessed other things have not. Whether you believe in things that can't be explained is a personal choice. Those that have seen it will understand those that have not will never have anything to compare it too so will not have the ability to understand it. Take it for what you want. Carry on!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts