Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been just a little over a year since I sent in my PT111 per the directions of the Settlement.
Yesterday, my FFL called me saying that my replacement pistol came in: a black 9mm G2C.
It was as dry as a bone when I got it. Disassembled, cleaned and lubed it.
Today, I put about 100 rounds thru it with whatever various ammo I had here, including some of my reloads.
FLAWLESS.....it didn't choke or hiccup on any of em and fired em all without a glitch.
Accuracy appeared to be pretty darn good as well. As good as, if not better than, my old PT111 for sure.
Overall, I'm pleased with the gun...verrry pleased.
IMHO, Taurus got this one right. I like it so far.
Once I can get 200-300 flawless rounds thru it, It will become my winter carry gun.
Just wish it didn't take a year to get it, but sure glad it's here.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Glad you finally received your new model unit. Sling that lead

·
Registered
994 Posts
Well, it's been just a little over a year since I sent in my PT111 per the directions of the Settlement.
Yesterday, my FFL called me saying that my replacement pistol came in: a black 9mm G2C.
It was as dry as a bone when I got it. Disassembled, cleaned and lubed it.
Today, I put about 100 rounds thru it with whatever various ammo I had here, including some of my reloads.
FLAWLESS.....it didn't choke or hiccup on any of em and fired em all without a glitch.
Accuracy appeared to be pretty darn good as well. As good as, if not better than, my old PT111 for sure.
Overall, I'm pleased with the gun...verrry pleased.
IMHO, Taurus got this one right. I like it so far.
Once I can get 200-300 flawless rounds thru it, It will become my winter carry gun.
Just wish it didn't take a year to get it, but sure glad it's here.

G2C is a nice pistol. I have around 600 rounds through mine. It's an accurate gun and fun to shoot.

Unfortunately, although I've gotten used to it. mine has the "hitch" in the trigger take up. Not sure whether I'll send it in for repair or just live with it.

·
Super Moderator
38,020 Posts
G2C is a nice pistol. I have around 600 rounds through mine. It's an accurate gun and fun to shoot.

Unfortunately, although I've gotten used to it. mine has the "hitch" in the trigger take up. Not sure whether I'll send it in for repair or just live with it.

Take the heat gun to it...it fixed mine and now I love the trigger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow I feel fortunate. Only took 8 months for mine. Got it today. Does it loosen up with use, springs seem very tight.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
A year is a long time to wait but it's good to see you are happy with the replacement. Give us a follow up post after you have a few hundred rounds through it.

·
Super Moderator
38,020 Posts
Wow I feel fortunate. Only took 8 months for mine. Got it today. Does it loosen up with use, springs seem very tight.

Load up the magazines full for a few days / week prior to shooting if you can wait that long. It is very difficult to rack the slide when new with a full mag...it will loosen up after a few hundred.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Depending on manufacturer, usually movement of the springs "weakens" them. Brand new stiff mags I just load half way and shoot them unless the Glock speed loader works for it.

·
Registered
293 Posts

There are a couple of fixes for the hitch. Search the boards or pm me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put another 200 flawless rounds thru it this morning.
They were all my 115gr and 124 gr FMJ reloads. It ate em all without a hitch. I even mixed em up and had a handful of 124gr FPs in there as well.
I then disassembled the gun, cleaned it and switched over to the Lakeline stainless steel striker guide and their stainless steel recoil system.
Lubed, reassembled and put another 100 flawless rounds thru it. The Lakeline aftermarket parts kinda smoothed things out rather nicely.
I'm sure as time goes on and more rounds are put thru it, it will even get better.
IMHO, it is now ready for conceal carry starting tomorrow.
Did I mention I like this gun....a lot?
FWIW, I really don't care about the warranty change all that much from the old PT111. It's a very reliable $200 pistol with $25 worth of aftermarket parts in it.
I do care that it stays reliable and I plan to continue to shoot the snot out of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts