Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago I shoot skeet almost every weekend. Now that I'm in the country the range is too far away, so I've decided to set up a sporting clay range on my farm.
Just to test the waters, I ordered one thrower.
Amazon.com: Do-All Outdoors White Wing Automatic Trap: Sports & Outdoors

If this works out and I have a few more bucks to spend I might order more.
To start out I will mount the thrower on the tail gate of my truck.
The KY fish and game department confirms that the new non toxic clay targets will not hurt livestock.

This should be fun :)

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Have someone weld you up a plate to go in the receiver hitch on your truck and mount it there. Easy on easy off. Or use a rear carrier in the receiver hitch to mount it on Hitch Cargo Carrier - 500 lb. Capacity I would also mount some small wheels on the bottom of the mount to be able to roll it around when you want store it Randy

Reactions: Rogerzz

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
My son went skeet shooting this last Sunday and called me on his way home telling me that we needed to set something up along this route down at our ranch. He said he had a blast!!!

Told him it sounded good to me...I figured that if Skeep fly they must have wings. So the more he shot the more Buffalo Skeet Wings I could have. I was wrong..no wings on a skeet.

I can remember the old days when we had this plastic red handled contraption we used to throw those clay pigeons as far and high as we could. Gave us a lot of practice for shooting dove..as they took off from low ground cover.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sounds like fun. I has hit in the face with a clay pigeon by a friend using a hand thrower. Afterwards, I actually thanked him. I didn't want to go to work that day and I used that as an excuse not to go, so we kept shootin.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Best of luck, but remember, if you do it, someone we know in a high office will tell you you didn't build that!

Sorry... wrong forum!

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Sounds great I would love to have the land to do that. I would also consider building a small shed to store the machine and clay targets in.

The only place to shoot skeet down here is off shore. I was surprised to find out many people do this. Only debate is if you need to go at least 3 miles to federal water or 12 miles to international water. Only one person I know had a run in with the coast guard. They said you need to be 24 miles out because you are dropping the clay targets into the water (considered discharging waste). They could not site any code or law and just asked them to move further off shore.

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Years ago I shoot skeet almost every weekend. Now that I'm in the country the range is too far away, so I've decided to set up a sporting clay range on my farm.
Just to test the waters, I ordered one thrower.
Amazon.com: Do-All Outdoors White Wing Automatic Trap: Sports & Outdoors

If this works out and I have a few more bucks to spend I might order more.
To start out I will mount the thrower on the tail gate of my truck.
The KY fish and game department confirms that the new non toxic clay targets will not hurt livestock.

This should be fun :)
Are you really Obama? JK! LOL!:icon_ poke:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts