·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Whoops! I thought the Sub2K was one of the better platforms. Kel-Tec sure sold a lot of them.

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Kel-tec's are what they are. Okay guns for their intended purpose. That said they are basically disposable pistols. The P-11 of old, I bought many years ago was rated by K.T. as having a 5,000 round life span. Hopefully they upped that lifespan or stopped publishing that #?

·
Super Moderator
35,349 Posts
Kel-tec's are what they are. Okay guns for their intended purpose. That said they are basically disposable pistols. The P-11 of old, I bought many years ago was rated by K.T. as having a 5,000 round life span. Hopefully they upped that lifespan or stopped publishing that #?
I have more'n that through my P11, not sure how many tell you the truth. I stopped the rough count at least 10 years ago at about 7000. The extractor on mine broke about 7 years ago. I don't consider that catastrophic, and Kel Tec had a new one in the mail box about 5 days later. It was the newer design, had to contact 'em about it. They sent me the gen 1 and I installed it and it's been running since. Get THAT kinda service out of Taurus!

I do like that little P11 as a carry, used to carry it every day when I lived in Corpus and felt the need for firepower. Since moving out here, I mostly carry revolvers, my M85UL being my daily carry.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Easily the most fun gun to shoot I own. Simple design, never had a problem with it.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another, or recommend it to others.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
[ignores Texheim's hate for Kel-Tecs]

Thanks for the info. Luckily mine was purchased before that.
I checked the serial number anyway and it's not on the naughty list.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Okay — YES — be sure to react to recalls that apply to guns that you, your friends or colleagues own.
But don’t beat ‘em like a ‘red headed step child’ due to the maker in general.
Kel Tec made a mistake and they are trying to reel it in.
They’re human.
They’re trying and — they do make some interesting and fun firearms!
Am I right??!! :cool:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I have a PF9 that has cost me over $550 + the original price to keep running. The darn thing will run 7 rounds without a problem, BUT then the stupid slide locks open. The only way to get it running again is to add ammo... The cost of ownership keeps going up with every pull of the trigger... Zero sum game.. I can't believe Kel-Tec designed it that way!!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I, personally, have been lusting after a Keltec RDB (and also an RFB) for quite some time...this little hickup won't change that...

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
I have 5 KelTec firearms. After using their guns and dealing with KelTec CS on the phone and in person at the plant I would buy a KelTec in a minute before I would purchase a Taurus. There may be one or two other manufacturers I would not buy from (Remington?) but I would have to think about it for awhile..

Don

·
Registered
738 Posts
I don;t own a keltec, but I would buy one at a great price. I own 2 taurus still and they have a awful reputation and awful CS.

I got the hi-point 9mm carbine instead of the keltec.

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
Never have owned a Keltec. When I look at their guns, seems like they aren't finished.

As to Taurus customer service, they've always treated me right. They aren't fast but the Tracker and my TCP magazine came back in excellent condition. They sent me a brand new magazine. And it's taught me patience. The magazine took so long to come in, I had forgotten all about it. LOL

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Just checked, mine is going back for the recall. I filled out the on-line form, 5 minutes later I had a return label.

I'll let ya know how long it takes when I send it in, probably sone day next week. They also said they would be sending a free mag with it for my troubles.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts