Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
The PT-92 and the PT-1911 are both on my list of most reliable Taurus pistols. The PT-1911 is a 1911, plain and simple. I changed out the trigger shoe and grips, otherwise it has been exactly what I wanted. The 1911 is one of those guns that I acquired quite a bit of knowledge in pursuit of building my own build. The more I learned about the 1911 design, the more I appreciated my PT-1911. My PT-1911 is one of the early models and is forged steel, something you do not usually find at their price point. Unless there has been a recent change in the PT-1911, I would say you are sadly mistaken about the steel in a PT-1911. The forged frame of a PT-1911 is an excellent starting point for building your own custom 1911, and is certainly better than the vast majority of cast frames on the market.

Now, if you come upon a PT-1911AL, I would say jump all over it as it was the best and most accurately manufactured Taurus version of the 1911. They are easy to pick out as they are the only version with an aluminium frame. Everyone I know who owns one constantly rubs it in my face that I passed on them when they were on sale locally.

I have a model "A" 738 that I highly modified to be what I wanted in a small carry .380 Auto. When it developed the model "A" problems I sent it back. They respected my mods and did not give me any issues about them, but simply changed out the parts called out in their recall and returned my 738 to me. They could have easily said my 738 had been modified and left me holding the bag, but they did not. I have at least a half dozen, or more Taurus pistols, several have gone back for repairs, and I have never had a problem with Taurus CS. But I do admit it has been a number of years since I sent anything back to them, and I have NEVER had to send anything back to them on my own dime.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
As I was saying, all my friends with these PT-1911AL's, who I talked into buying them at $450, constantly rub it in my face that I passed on it for a PT-92AFS. I think MilProGuy sold his, or he would be chipping in about here. But a good number of my local friends bought them too. Hey, I should have gone with the 1911 for a $100 more. My mistake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.