Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a long shot but maybe one of you good folks know the answer. I know what model revolver I have now, but at one time I didn't so I punched in the serial number at the RossiUSA website and got nothing. The page states that Rossi serial numbers have 6 digits but mine only has five. Does anyone have any insite into this anomoly?

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Well, this might help! Open the cylinder, and up where the crane connects on the actual frame, you should see some #'s. Mine has 7612, and below that the model 461. The other # is also on the crane it self.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read my original post and I can see why you misunderstood me. I guess I was just wondering why in my serial number I only have 5 digits following the two letters rather than 6 as the Rossi website dictates. I punched in my serial # at that same site and recieved 'no info'. I found my model number (351) in same area of cylinder you have indicated awhile ago. What is that 4 digit number where you indicated? I, too, have a 4 digit number.

·
15,931 Posts
Sorry to say, I do not know what the 4 digit # is for. When I went to the site, it said it should contain 2 letters and up to 6 #'s. I would bet yours is early in the 351 production. My 461 has 6, so I am only guessing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, that was my thinking too. Probably one of the early models.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Is your handgun imported by Interarms. I am begaining to think after Taurus bought them the serial numbers may have changed. I bought my 971 in the mid-eighties and it has 1 letter and 6 numbers, it was imported by Interarms. I tried the Rossi site and came back the same as yours. Do what I did call costumer service. Lots of luck.

·
15,931 Posts
Robby said:
Sorry to say, I do not know what the 4 digit # is for.
I have been having after thoughts on the 4 digit code on the crane area. My new Rossi 461, has a 7612. I wonder if this could be the born date. 2007, June, 12th. Or would that be too logical to be true.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rob, I checked my 4 digit number to see if that could be true but my last two digits too high to be day date. Maybe a different sequence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts