Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36,669 Posts
It is a technical violation of the law. Since other parties are involved and have a vested interest in having it fixed, an attempt to keep the gun will see law enforcement involved. Not a good thing.

yea I kind of agree on this.
the real guy in the bind is the manufacture however!
it isn't a simple thing that this happened, a lot of bad things could go wrong down stream (like someone being shot with the weapon, the weapon being recovered at a crime scene) and not reliable info from the manufacture to law enforcement.
by not getting the issue resolved (by the manufacture).

·
Registered
27,567 Posts
yea I kind of agree on this.
the real guy in the bind is the manufacture however!
it isn't a simple thing that this happened, a lot of bad things could go wrong down stream (like someone being shot with the weapon, the weapon being recovered at a crime scene) and not reliable info from the manufacture to law enforcement.
by not getting the issue resolved (by the manufacture).
Exactly. The manufacturer and the store (which filled out the information on the 4473 and was responsible for seeing that it matched) must get it resolved. If they can show that it has been fixed it will (most likely) be a slap on the wrist. Not fixed, somebody could lose their license.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have to question the reliability of the records at Taurus after hearing this. I bought a new PT92 in 2019. Not seeing the date on the label, I called Tarus to ask when it was made. They told me 2004 or something like that. I found the date on the label, and it was clearly made in March 2019.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
An update kind of

Well I checked the status online and it said to call they needed more info. So I call and give the serial number. The lady said they couldn't find anything wrong with the gun. I asked what she meant and she said. Well it's here because the slide wouldn't lock open on an empty mag. I didn't even know what she was talking about. I explained that the rep had me send it in due to the serial number er issue. She looked it up again and said. Yep it's coming up a .45acp. And she had to resend another ticket to the Smith that looked at it. I honestly don't know what to think of this anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'll take a refund before that happens lol. Already have a G2, and G2c.

·
Registered
36,669 Posts
Just hang in there they will get it figured out shortly!
alien object.jpg

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
So, after reading this thread I figured that I should check my PT1911-9MM just to make sure.

So I went to the Taurus website and looked for their look up page, I found it. There's nothing there except instructions on how to use their look up.

So, I found this post here from about 3 years ago. Based on this post my gun has the correct serial number for a 9mm.

OP, check your serial number based off this post and tell us what it should be.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The serial number was checked. Made March 28th of this year. But they insist its a 45. Was told today it could take 4 weeks but probably the next few days it should be shipped back to me.

·
Premium Member
4,950 Posts
The serial number was checked. Made March 28th of this year. But they insist its a 45. Was told today it could take 4 weeks but probably the next few days it should be shipped back to me.
So it's a 9mm that comes back in the system as a .45?

Sounds like they should send you one of each!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts