Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 809B about four years ago and I love it. I haven't had any problems with it so far but I do not shoot regularly. I have probably put no more than 300 rounds through it since I bought it. Recently I notice that when I am pulling the trigger it appears as though the polymer piece of the trigger that is attached to the metal lever that sticks out of the frame is starting to separate just a hair. I can see what appears to be liquid (probably from one of the times I oiled it down) seeping out from the joint and I am afraid that it might completely separate some day soon.

Has this happened to anyone else or has anyone heard of this happening? I am thinking of calling Taurus and see about sending it in to have them take a look at it.

Any comments are appreciated!!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Howdy, and welcome to the forum!
I just now went and got my 809 to look at it. I can't really see anything like what you describe, although when you gently take up the slack when in DA mode, you can see a cutback or bevel where the trigger disappears into the frame. It doesn't look like it's cracking, though.
I probably have 700-800 rounds through mine at the time.
Hope someone can assist further, and I'm sure Taurus will make good on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!! It's great to be a part of the Taurus family!! To be more specific, if you have the handgun is front of you pointing to the right and you are looking at the trigger, the polymer trigger piece (I don't know what the official terms for the piece is, sorry) seems to be starting to separate from the left side (which would be the back side if you were shooting) of the metal lever that sticks out of the frame. Like I said, what gives me the impression is that I believe I see it separate ever so slightly from the left corner there where the polymer piece and the metal meet and when it's separated ever so slightly a little bit of oil starts to ooze out from that corner. I know its a liquid because I can wipe it off with my finger after a little oozes out.

I guess another question I should have asked is, is it ok that there is a tiny bit of separation like the one I have described between the polymer trigger piece and the metal lever to which the polymer trigger piece is attached?

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Hmm... just went in and got my mag light, and checked the area on mine that you described.
I don't see anything like that.
You might indeed have some sort of delamination of the polymer on the trigger, but I'm not really an expert there... just another 809 owner!
If you know a gunsmith, you might have them look at it. Could be an easy fix (epoxy)?
Best of luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.