Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you prefer a separate gun cleaner and lubricating oil or an all-in-one? And a reason for your choice?

·
22,058 Posts
I use both depending on if I am doing a deep cleaning or just a quick clean.

There are so many types of both out there.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Do you prefer a separate gun cleaner and lubricating oil or an all-in-one? And a reason for your choice?
It comes down to personal choice but I use Hoppe's brand for everything.

If it was good enough for my M-60 in Vietnam it's plenty good enough for my weapons now.

JMHO.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
It comes down to personal choice but I use Hoppe's brand for everything.

If it was good enough for my M-60 in Vietnam it's plenty good enough for my weapons now.

JMHO.
That's a fact for sure.

Reactions: Marinevietvet

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
I use two separate products that are specific for what I am doing. Gun Scrubber or CLP for cleaning the insides and then I use Rem Oil and grease for lubricating. I want to clean out all the old grease and oil when cleaning as it gets mixed with powder residue. When it is all cleaned up, that is the time to reapply the lube. That is how I do it and it has served me well over the years.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I usually use Hoppes for a solvent, especially if it's really dirty (long day at the range), but I also use G-96 for a combo CLP approach.
However, I am looking to get ahold of some Frog Lube soon.

·
Banned
5,818 Posts
I usually use Hoppes for a solvent, especially if it's really dirty (long day at the range), but I also use G-96 for a combo CLP approach.
However, I am looking to get ahold of some Frog Lube soon.
I've heard a lot of good things about frog lube. How bout a write up on it when you try it?

·
Registered
19,329 Posts
I prefer to use separate products for each, combining a solvent and oil seems to just defeat the purpose of both. I use Hoppe's for cleaning and for lubrication/preservation, I prefer good ol' milspec VVL-800 weapons oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts