Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Eight weeks has been the standard for awhile. That doesn't count travel time there and the few days it takes them to process it into the system from receiving. So maybe 9 weeks, give or take a few days.

When they send it back, it will be overnighted.

Give them about 10 days from when you sent it, then call customer service. They can tell you that your gun was logged in on MM/DD, and that they are currently repairing firearms that were logged in on MM/DD.

Then call back about a week later, and you can check to see how far they've gotten. They won't tell you when they will get to yours.

Hope this helps.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Have not had to send a gun in, but I am into only my 3rd week of what could be a 6 week wait for my CCDW permit. But they tease you by saying it could be only 3 weeks. Waiting is a killer. I had to go check the calendar again tonite to try and guess when it might come. Guess I have at least another 2 weeks.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
I sent my TCP in 2 times and got it back 2 times within 1 month. The 1st time is was gone 13 days and was actually worse when I got it back. 2nd trip took about 7 days. It depends................but on what i do not know?

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
its probably going to be one of the longest wait's of your life.kinda like waiting for your CHL.
Yes, that's the way it seems to go sometimes...but we also read of others who have experienced lightning fast turnaround times from Taurus CS.

My own particular case: I sent in my TCP for repairs on May 28th. Taurus informed about six weeks later that they were going to replace it with a newer version of the pistol. My FFL pawn shop called me today (August 23rd) and told me the replacement pistol had arrived on their doorstep.

So...that's just 5 days short of 3 months. But hey, a brand new replacement TCP with a lifetime warranty...who am I to complain?

·
35,996 Posts
I'm anxious to see if the new model has a better take-down pin than that dinky little rivet looking thing in the original pistol.

·
Registered
32,709 Posts
It is dependent on how many new models have been recently released as well as parts availability for your model. If new models have recently been released, there will be a back log on the gunsmiths, and likely parts both for those models.

It has been well over a year since a whole slew of new models have been introduced so the gunsmith labor should not be backed up very much....parts may be the only current issue.

To answer your question, it could be as little time as as week or as long as it takes Hell to freeze over!:)

·
Registered
512 Posts
And then.....there is the mysterious Review Board. I don't think they have a schedule. I think the pile to be considered has to reach a certain number, or weight before they meet. It's sort of like a Super Massive Black Hole. Stuff goes in and seems to never come out, but in some cases....can be spit back out rather than pulled in.

Took me 2-months (which was not all that bad) and I got a new gun out of it, which I had to fix.

·
Registered
300 Posts
ten days for me. I haven't taken it out to the range yet, but keeping my fingers crossed.

·
35,996 Posts
Hey! It might be just my lack of attention but has your avatar gained a stripe!
(Big cheesy grin) Yes, it has. My chaplain and his daughter visited me in the hospital and brought me a "State Guard Master Sergeant Bear" to break the good news!
Room Photography

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have some experience with this that I'd like to share. My TCP 738 is less than a year old and it's back at the factory now for the third time. The first time was for numerous failures to feed on all different brands of factory ammo and inaccuracy. After about 4 weeks it was back to my local dealer with the FTFeed issue fixed but not the woeful inaccuracy. After about 200 more rounds the barrel lug broke right off, and it went back to the factory again. This time I got it back in exactly ONE WEEK! I'm not kidding. The barrel had been replaced and some other assorted parts. Both times the paperwork I got back indicated it had gone to Brazil for repair. Hmmm, maybe the first time but one week to Brazil, be fixed and back in my hands in Maine? Hard to believe. Anyway, at least now it was a shooter, very accurate and working very well. After exactly 183 more rounds of factory ball ammo (Federal) I was just about ready to trust it when it broke again, all locked up with the frame visibly bulged out and I couldn't even get it apart. So now it's back at the factory again. I'll let you know how long the third trip took.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.