Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ultralite 444 has several issues that I should have caught at my LGS before I bought it but I forgot my bore light and also got in a hurry as I had two young kids running amok in the store. Anyways when I got home and was able to do a more thorough inspection I found:

- canted barrel
- corrosion of some kind in the alloy section inside the barrel where part of the alloy was eaten away :confused:
- 2 cylinders had no gap between them and the forcing cone
- cylinder doesn't spin freely, seems to be sticky
- cylinder starts to bind up after 50-60 rounds
- spent rounds getting stuck in cylinders

So I called and arranged to have the gun sent back. So far so go with customer service. No questions asked, they sent me a label and told me to send it to them through FedEx. I got my email today stating that they had my gun and turn around would be 6 weeks. I'm hoping sooner than that and I will let everyone know the outcome. So far so good though.

Despite it's issues I love the gun. It will be perfect as my hiking/camping gun which is why I bought it and I hope Taurus can fix it. I'm thinking with the corrosion in the barrel I'm either in for a new barrel or a new gun if they don't want to mismatch the S#. Worst case scenario is for them to send it back and say its within specs as I am concerned for its long term durability and the integrity of that part of the barrel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: my UL 444 was delivered today and I have to say........ Well done Taurus. They replaced my barrel and everything seems to be fixed. I haven't had a chance to shoot it but as of right now I am very happy with their warranty service. Took 2 weeks and 2 days from when they took delivery of the weapon. This will not be the last Taurus that I buy. Also the barrel they put on doesn't have a S# so I don't have mismatched #s. right on.

One and only complaint was their tracking service on their website never changed from when they received it. I almost missed the FedEx guy who was kind enough to swing back by after me not being home on his first attempt.

Well done Taurus.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts