Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had the G2C for about a month. I've put about 400 rounds through it with the following problems:

1. After the gun warms up and I empty a magazine and insert the new one and release the slide lock it will stove pipe the round. Does it with either magazine.
2. Also stove piped a round while shooting one time. After 400 rounds and only one stove pipe I could live with that if it wasn't for the other problem.

I'm a little disappointed that I had this issue as I really love the gun. I'm carrying a 9mm shield which is 100% reliable so far.

Taurus sent me a prepaid shipping label and said it could be up to 12 weeks if they have to order parts? Why would they have to order parts?

The only thing I can think of that could be the problem is wrong tension on the slide spring.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That would be a failure to go into battery. Could be a weak recoil spring, something with the barrel or a frame issue. If this is happening after barrel warms up, could be something with barrel expanding and getting into a bind. Interested in what the issue was, that is if Taurus tells you.

·
Registered
481 Posts
in case it might be a recoil spring trouble, i would buy another and try it. the stainless lakeline is cheaper than the factory polymer one.

·
Administrator
35,318 Posts
It could also simply be a tight gun. Shooting it more should fix the problem, if that's what it is. You can make it go into battery by smacking the back of the slide, usually. Have you cleaned the gun thoroughly yet?

Reactions: MSG

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have cleaned the gun. I thought about buying the Lakeland rod & spring, but since it's still under warranty I decided to let Taurus figure it out. I have lots of guns to carry, if needed, so I don't mind waiting to get it fixed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have cleaned the gun. I thought about buying the Lakeland rod & spring, but since it's still under warranty I decided to let Taurus figure it out. I have lots of guns to carry, if needed, so I don't mind waiting to get it fixed.
I agree, let TAURUS resolve this. Have seen others with Fail to Feed problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts