Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 11 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Jake (I guess that's your name),

You stated: "There's no handgun manufacturer that I know of who doesn't sometimes get a lemon out the door. You can find this sort of tale about just about any gun you can name, so I'm not upset, although I am a bit disappointed. I want this gun to work right, hoping the folks at Taurus will do good work and make it right!"

I couldn't agree more! I'm not upset as much as I am disappointed. My Taurus 617 .357Mag snubbie is more accurate than this and my 85B .38 Special is even more accurate than that. I don't expect the accuracy of my Springfield 9151L 1911, but I also didn't pay $800 for my 24/7. I have read enough posts that I think the next time I go to the range, I will adjust so that the front dot is in the middle of the back top and see what that does before I send it back. I know myself, and if I ever had to pull a gun to defend myself, family or friends, my adrenaline would be pumping so bad that 3" at 10yds really won't be noticeable. :eek:

· Registered
84 Posts
Well, just got back from the range. Put 150 rounds through it and sighted as suggested with the top of the back site at the bottom of the front site. Dead on at 3, 5 and 7 yards. That's not entirely true, at 7 yards, i was a little low. I also tried to just focus on the front site, put it on the target and with both eyes open, see the bottom dot for alignment only. This worked at 3, 5, 7 and 10 yards. At 15, I just couldn't adjust enough to get in the 4" ring, I did stay on paper this time though.

Jake, please let us know if sending it back to Taurus helps this out.

1 - 2 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.