Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Sending my TX22 Back to Taurus For Repair (Barrel Issue)

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  jimku 
#1 ·
I have not shot my TX22 much in the past year; maybe less than 500 rounds. I have shot Winchester 333 (does not cycle well at all), Blazer (Good Stuff), CCI Stinger (better stuff) and finally SK Match Rifle. The SK was subsonic and also did not cycle very at all. No matter the ammo, the TX22 did not group well. I chalked this up to the fact that I am just not that seasoned of a shooter... but after reading a number of threads on here about the barrel issues, I decided to scrutinize the barrel a little closer; After a thorough cleaning session, I really could see, that at the last 1/2 to 3/4 inches of the rifling was "chattered" up pretty good. I assumed machining marks (?) What I thought was left over carbon/trash or whatever from shooting, would not come out of barrel with a brass brush, I soon realized was the rifling was slightly galled up.

Nevertheless, the TX22 is going back to the Taurus repair center in Georgia, and the customer service rep said to expect a 12-week wait for repairs.

Reactions: Dan51
#3 ·
My 1st TX's barrel was so bad, I sold it back to my LGS.
My second actually looks great. Luck of the draw, I guess.
If this one turns out not to meet my liking. it will take a trip to GA.

Reactions: DRAGON64
#4 ·
My TX22 went out last Friday the 22nd, so they should have it today... clock starts now

#6 ·
Received notification from Taurus that they have received my TX22, and that evaluation & repair time will take up to 12-weeks.

#7 ·
Keep us updated on this.

I'm thinking about a purchase of a TX22. The LGS's all have the TX22 as a rental gun so I'll be able to see how those are holding up and if there are any foibles with it.

#8 ·
Accuracy issue aside, the TX22 is one of the most comfortable handguns I have ever held, the ergonomics are great! I paid full price for mine ($299), and have no regrets. Seeing as Taurus customer service has been awesome to deal with so far, I expect an even better performing TX22 upon its return.

Reactions: Rickyblaze
#9 ·
Quick update; it has been 13-weeks since I sent of my TX22. I called Taurus and inquired the status on my service request, and the customer service lady said there are no updates to the service. She said that until they have released the TX22 from repair, there would be no update to report.

#12 ·
Ugh! That would suck to wait a year.

Reactions: Desperado
#14 ·
I've been waiting for a barrel since October. I didn't send mine in just went on chat and requested it. They put in an order and gave me an order number. The order number is good but still on backorder every time I call. Their service is so bad lately I look for them to go out of business soon. Service is like a company that's on it's last leg.

#15 ·
I just bouhgt the TX22 about a month ago. Really like the gun now but at first had a lot of jams, mostly failure to feeds. Couldnt get one 16 rnd mag to cycle without a jam or two.After 2-3 hundred rounds it got quite a bit better and now after 2000+rnds has very little issues. I also have the chattered rilfing in barrel but it doesnt seem to bother much. Called Taurus any way put me on the new barrel list and didnt have to send gun in. As to when? we ll see I guess.

#16 ·
I remain mystified as to why they cannot ship new barrels. The gun is made here in the USA and I know for a fact that the TCP barrels were turned out in Miami on their own CNC machines.

#17 ·
I would be less upset had I just bought the TX22 at a low price, but that is not the case; I paid $299 for my TX, as they had just hit the market, and I just had to have one... I have no desire to buy any other 22lr handgun, so I guess I just continue to wait like a good minion.

#18 · (Edited)
A quick timeline and update:

Taurus received my TX22 on Nov 27, 2019. They told me minimum 12-weeks in repair. I called at the 12-week mark, and they nice lady said there was no update, to which I replied "I will call in another 4-weeks" I received notification today that my TX22 is shipping out today, and I will receive it on Thursday. I hope that there is an explanation of the repairs enclosed with my TX22.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.