Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm an infrequent visitor here as my join date & post count shows. I bought a used 24/7 Pro 45 in 2010 and used it to replace an older Astra A-80 also in 45 ACP. As a retired police officer, I have to qualify once a year. Last year, I cleaned it before shooting and experienced a couple of jams with the 24/7. I was not too concerned with it- I figured possibly it was the Wolf brand ammo I was using.

This year, I cleaned it before shooting and it jammed or did not fire (the primers were hit, but lightly) a total of 8 times. I'm using new Magtech ammo, and the range officer said this was a known good brand of ammo. Both times it jammed it was with regular (not +P) 230 grain FMJ rounds.

Thanks to this site and the Taurus USA site, I see my gun was made in June 2006. Still doing some research to see if this was at the beginning, middle, or end of production for this model (any wisdom here is appreciated). I must say I'm impressed with this site and the lifetime warranty. I read the FAQ thread here about repair turnaround and it sounds great. I'm shipping the 24/7 back to Taurus after filling out a work order. Seems pretty simple. The only question I had about the repair was if they could ship it back to me, and when I called the lady I spoke to said they could.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
I think it depends on the state. Hopefully one of our Florida members will be on soon to help!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Since the SN is already assigned to you there is no transfer of ownership, so I think they can.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks- I got the return shipping cleared up with the phone call. Still looking for 24/7 Pro production dates. 2005-2010?

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Thanks- I got the return shipping cleared up with the phone call. Still looking for 24/7 Pro production dates. 2005-2010?
I thought I had posted it here.
Either I didn't click post or it went somewhere else.
It looks like sometime in 2004 to Dec. 2009.
Mine was discontinued then.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Wikipedia says they were introduced in 2004.
Checking the full line catalogs shows the 24/7 Pro in 2010, but not 2011.

·
Administrator
17,692 Posts
Please note that there have been three known generations of .45 24/7 Magazines and if you are experiencing a plunging jam, your problem may be due to weak Magazine Springs or some other design issue. You may have first generation Magazines. I've had no problem with second and third generation Magazines.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/2...azine-comparisons-1st-2nd-3rd-generation.html

Otherwise, most other feeding issues are Extractor related, and that is best solved by a trained artisan.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Some guns can't be found in the online database because they're too new, you need to call Taurus CS and give them the SN.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts