Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9x19mm Arsenal Pistol P-M02 Compact

(click photo to enlarge it)
The 9x19 mm Arsenal Pistol P-M02 Compact is a personal self-loading weapon intended to destroy enemy manpower at close range up to 50 m, ideal for the needs of army and police forces, as well as for self-defence and sport shooting.
The pistol has the tactical capabilities of the army pistols, such as combat rate of fire, magazine capacity and firing range, but has the overall dimensions of the compact pistols, which considerably enlarges the range of its users.

The life of the P-MO2 Compact is highly increased thanks to it fiberglass reinforced polymer frame, the special steel insert attached to the frame , the polygonal rifled barrel, etc.

The pistol is safe to carry, operate, handle and maintain due to the following advance features:
• ambidextrous safety lever
• reversible magazine release capable of being installed and operated either from left or right side
• rail MIL-STD 1913 (Picatinny) for attaching various laser aim-indicators, flashlights, tactical laser illuminators, etc.,
• luminous 3-dot combat sight, giving a very bright glow for oustanding visibillity and fast target acquisition
• trigger firing mechanism, made as one integral unit, which facilitates its replacement
• field stripping without any additional tools
Operation: delayed blowback, self-loading, single and double action.
Finish: matte oxidation

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
Interesting looking piece, first I've heard of it.

The market can always use a few more "good guns".

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it gets to here, and is less than 400$, I'am going to get one of those. Kinda exotic but Arsenal is in the business from a long time, the quality should be good!??

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Hard telling, if they sell it though Arsenal of Las Vegas it might be alittle high, they sell AK's and those go for a real pretty penny.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
It seems like arms manufactures all over the world keep coming out with great new stuff. They're driving me crazy! I thought that maybe I would be happy with a new Bersa BP9/40CC, and then you show me this! I need a bigger paycheck!!!:icon_ cry:

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
It seems like arms manufactures all over the world keep coming out with great new stuff. They're driving me crazy! I thought that maybe I would be happy with a new Bersa BP9/40CC, and then you show me this! I need a bigger paycheck!!!:icon_ cry:
Don't we all =P

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
One thing that is hard for me with all these new pistols coming out is that there is no support for them.

That looks like a pretty sweet hybrid of all the good things from an M&P and a Sig, but is there support for it? Ease of finding things like holsters and magazines. The aftermarket support is getting to be a big deal to folks like me.

I wish I could make my own kydex. If I had the workspace, holster making would make purchasing pistols like this so much easier for me.

Until then, I'll oogle pictures whether it be stock photos or personal photos of you guys purchasing one.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
It weighs 27 ozs. empty ( 36 ozs. loaded) the same as my Ruger SR40. I find the Ruger quite heavy to carry. The weight would be a turn off for me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a PT111 which goes in Glock 26 holster with no problem, I guess this one will fit in some holster made for another brand pistol too, it has standard rail for other staff as well...

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Biggest thing I don't like with alot of these new pistols yeah the total lack of aftermarket stuff, makes them more toys to me. I like being able to buy like nightsites and extra mags regularly. Cost if it's right it sounds cool but again it depends on who imports them. Given it's from Bulgaria I don't see why this can't be a 300 dollar gun. If Century or TGI knox imports it it likely will be, if Arsenal, NV imports it it'll easily be much more I suspect. Hard telling... but keep in mind the HS2000 was a sub 300 dollar gun not very long ago when interarms (I think) imported it, but Springfield got it, slapped their rollmark on the slide... called it the XD and presto 450+ If Arsenal, NV imports it there will be people who pay a premium because it has that name on it. I won't get into if their AK's are worth it or not they do make good AK's but you do pay for the name as well. I'm curious how closely related Arsenal, NV and Arsenal Bulgaria are related.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
One thing that is hard for me with all these new pistols coming out is that there is no support for them.
That’s also my concern. I have my eye set on getting a PT809 Compact so I’ll stick with that objective. No question about aftermarket support there.

However, I have to say the P-M02 is a fine looking pistol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
As far as I know, there is Russian Arsenal and Bulgarian Arsenal, which were related during commie times, but are separated now. Arsenal LV sells the Russian products I believe. Bulgarian Arsenal was known for making one of the best AK-s, 47s and 74s back in the time. Bulgaria exports military production for over 200 mil. per year, mainly from Arsenal, which is not bad for a country sized less the state of GA. I don't know if any company imports their products to the U.S. market, but I believe it will be a good addition to any gun shop, good balance with quality and price...just my 2 cents..

This is the link to Arsenal BG: main

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I'll be looking forward to any new firearm coming into the US that's for sure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, it looks like you got to go behind the slide with your thumb to operate the safety!!! Like cocking the hammer!!! Unusual!!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I think it's just an odd looking lever. I think frame a mounted safety lever like the PT-92 or the 1911 is the best, but this doesn't look as high up on the slide like on the Beretta 92 series which I don't care for one bit.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
It is a dandy looking pistol, and the article described it nicely.

Thanks for sharing this with the forum.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts